Unable to turn in Last Stand of The Moon Guard

As the title states, I’m unable to turn in the quest Last Stand of the Moon Guard, which is needed for the Balance of Power questline. I’ve teleported back with the NPCs, follow them into Shal’aran, but don’t see Thalryssa there waiting for me to hand in the quest. She is instead seen standing off to the left. I’m able to talk to her; however, whenever I got to hand in the quest it says “you cannot do that right now”. I submitted a ticket, but it’s clear that the CSR didn’t read it thoroughly because they said that I should be able to hand it in seeing as I finished the quest (duh…?). Does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve tried party syncing, I’ve tried realm hopping, nothing seems to work. This is very frustrating seeing how I’m wasting a whole lockout on something that has been a known bug in the game for a while.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Have you tried feeding her with the fruits you can collect there?

2 Likes

This is on your Hunter, Faevix? There are some interesting things that can happen around that one, but usually it involves not teleporting back, or faction changing, etc…

I’ll take a look. You appear to be on an alt, so you can remain on that character. Just don’t want you to think something is amiss.

3 Likes

Nothing seems to be amiss, I was able to interact with First Arcanist Thalyssra without an issue. I’m wondering if maybe you were interacting with a different version of her?

I left you in front of her, give it another try.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your help Vrakthris. I see you left Faevix in front of Thalyssra; however, I’m still having the same issue. I can see that the quest is there and has the “?” for completion, but when I go and try to hand it in I’m still getting the red text error “You can’t do that right now”. She is also offering another quest “Building an Army”, but I’m not even able to complete that quest either. For what it’s worth, this character was a nightborne up until 120 where I race changed to belf. I was automatically exalted with the nightfallen, so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. I have NOT done any other quests in suramar that interact w/ her on this toon (i.e feeding her, etc).

That does explain it. If Thalyssra is thirsty before the faction change she can get caught in that state. Game Masters don’t generally turn in quests for you, which is probably why the previous Game Master didn’t catch that.

Can you switch off of the character real quick? I can probably fix that.

3 Likes

That makes total sense! I figured it had to do something with that. I just hopped off the toon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright, give it another try. I think you’ll see a few more options now. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ahhh you’re the best! Thank you so so much for you help and the quick response. I really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Glad I could help. I normally cannot assist directly, but it’s the end of the day and I’m just about out. :smiley: Feel free to close your ticket.

Happy questing!

9 Likes

I am also having this very issue. I did do a race change from Nightborne to Blood Elf so I guess that broke it :frowning:.

Please contact me. It is about this post you assisted with and now I am having the same issues as the OP and the response to my ticket. Thanks and be well :slight_smile:

Gona have to wait on your ticket vrak maynot be able to help till morning.

Yeah, Vrak was super helpful with this! Easy and quick change. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The response to my ticket was no help pretty much lol So I am happy to wait if it means I will actually be able to progress with my Balance of Power questline :smiley: Be well.

1 Like

It looks like your first ticket received a general reply to provide advice for various quest issues.

To clarify, we receive a very high volume of tickets that often end up being UI related or just quest confusion, so we have a response that is sent out in times of increased ticket volume to provide those recommendations. It usually contains a line in the response that states if this doesn’t help address the issue to please reply to the ticket so we can look into it further.

You appear to have replied and it was looked into. The note indicates the issue with Thalyssra should be resolved. I just wanted to double-check and make sure. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Totally understandable! I wasn’t complaining just wanted to make sure I could find someway to get it resolved :slight_smile: Thank you so much for the response! Everything is all fixed on my end. Be well :smiley:

7 Likes

I just submitted a ticket for this exact same reason. I was also a Nightborne before changing to Night Elf. I’m standing in front of Thalyssra and getting the same error message when I try to turn in “Last Stand of the Moon Guard”. Can anyone help?

Yes. A Game Master will answer your ticket as soon as they can to look into your issue.

3 Likes

I also have this issue now and I changed the race from nb to orc.Pls help me .