Unable to trade trinket from raid

I received a ilvl 460 trinket from the new raid while having a 460 and 470 equipped, but I did not have the ability to trade it to other members of the raid group. It was not a bonus roll, base stats and no socket, and I’ve made sure to equip my 470 in each trinket slot. This is the 3rd time this has happened to me between Eternal Palace and the new raid with trinkets, specifically. Is there something I am doing wrong that is not making this eligible for trade?

Does it show the message that you can trade it to eligible raid members and you are unable to put it in the trade window? Or does it just not even show the message that it’s tradeable?

2 Likes

Trinkets are a weird case, my guess is weapons also due to some being one hand/ off hand, vs two hands. Trinkets can work on multirole classes, but if you have a healing trinket, and get say, a lower item level trinket tank trinket, that still is the highest trinket you got for that role. And since trinkets don’t necessarily follow the same stay assignment as gear, you find you can’t trade. A bug report probably will be beneficial.

5 Likes

Does not show the message that it can be traded.

The trinket most liikely counts for multiple specs and as you have not received one for the other spec itnis the reason you cannot trade it. Has happened to me as well and that was the reason. It was on the elemental loot table as well.

4 Likes

The following Support Article covers most of the rules for being able to trade loot in a dungeon/raid.

Keep in mind, the item usually has to be looted from a dungeon/raid while in that spec. If you obtained your trinket somewhere else, or while in a different spec, it likely won’t count for the system.

1 Like

I was Balance spec at the start of the pull, and Balance spec at the kill. This trinket is from Ra’den. I was equipped with a 460 and 470 trinket prior to looting the boss, and the 460 trinket I looted from the boss (not bonus roll) did not have an indication that it can be traded, despite all evidence pointing to the fact it should have been (as far as I’m aware). I’m not concerned about trading this specific trinket at this point, I’m just hoping to identify the issue before it happens a 4th time.

What I think people are trying to say is that it isn’t necessarily about your loot spec - but that the trinket is marked for several loot specs. As such, it might be the highest ilvl trinket for a spec, even if you don’t play that spec, and so, untradeable.

2 Likes

If it was void twisted, it think it’s because it’s a healing trinket, which means it’s not a issue as it’s the highest item level for that spec, there are two trinkets wowhead shows. Put in a bug report, u can not say it won’t happen again though, unless development feels it should, and CS doesn’t program the game.

3 Likes

Assuming you obtained your other trinkets while in Balance spec as well, then I would recommend posting in the Bug Report forum. Be sure to include the name of the trinket, what spec you were in, etc… so our QA team can take a look.

1 Like

The issue is the trinket can be used for more than balance spec. It may not be ideal for other specs, bit the game considers it applicable for other specs

You have not looted that item level in more than balance spec.

1 Like