Unable to start Gnome Heritage Armor Questline

I have just completed leveling my Gnome, now level 50. I have gone to the Stormwind Embassy but Ace Pilot Stormcog is no where to be found. I have tried restarting the game, but he never spawns.

You also need to be exalted with your own faction, Madelana. Once you reach exalted you should qualify for the quest.

5 Likes

I just leveled a Kul’Tiran mage and immediately upon hitting level 50 I received the Heritage Armor. That character is not exalted with her faction. Are the requirements different for the original races?

Original races require level 50 and exalted with their faction. They can be boosted.

Allied races require reaching level 50 without a level boost.

2 Likes

But have no reputation requirement.

2 Likes

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/143078

4 Likes

I’ve got to level 50 with my gnome warlock and got exalted reputation. Ace Pilot Stormcog is there at the Embassy, but he has no quest? Halp! Please?

Please be mindful of the dates before necroing a 3yr old thread better to start a new one. I think you need to be lvl 60 now.

4 Likes

I know that some of the Allied Race requirements changed from level 50 to level 60. Do we know if this is the case for Heritage armor now, as well?

1 Like

Just to double check - you did level him as a gnome from start to finish, correct? No race changes at any point in his history?

Wowhead is not reflecting any notice about the required quest level going up (I think that only applies for the BfA questlines moreso than the original races?). Perhaps one of our SFAs will be able to pop in and lend a hand, but I’m wondering if it’s more of a phasing issue since there are so many quests that can bork that out.

1 Like

That only applies to Allied Races. You could do most of the base races with a single character and race-change them to get the next armor.

4 Likes

I have a number of level 59’s that suddenly had heritage armor quests show up in their quest logs.

As far as I know it should still be level 50 for Core Races.

From what I can see, Mingeris, you picked up the quest “Shifting Gears” a month ago and it’s currently in your quest log. That might be why they don’t have the quest available for you. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My Gnome is also stuck and cannot start the quest. I’m lvl 50 and Exalted with Gnomeregan. The NPC is nowhere in site around Chromie either.

are you in Chromie time?
if so, have you tried going back to the standard time-line?
(not sure if that would matter, but the quest is higher level than everything else in the zone… just throwing out a random idea)

I tried that. I also tried going to every other timeline as well.

It seems that you had a similar issue before, Rozzy, on your dwarf. It is possible that the account is missing something, so I’m making some inquiries to see if we can figure it out so we don’t have to start the various quests for you.

5 Likes

I appreciate that Vrakthris! My account is nearly 16 years old so I imagine there is some legacy problem with it.

1 Like

Alright, it took longer than I would have liked, but I finally heard back.

Apparently there is an account level requirement that you need to have a level 60 character on the account for the Core Race Heritage Armor quests to unlock. So the requirements are:

1. Account has at least one level 60 character for any race.
  2. Core race reach level 50.

We’ve forwarded the information to see about updating the relevant Support Article.

9 Likes

Well… that’s… odd. I’ll bookmark this for future reference. Thanks, Vrak!

3 Likes