Unable to skip cutscenes

Is there a workaround to skip cutscenes? Like after jadefire or in KR (really hurts in mythic + when on a timer). Pressing escape, spacebar, etc. don’t work. It forces me to watch the cutscene every time even when my character has seen it.

2 Likes

You can try looking in your keybindings to see if remapping it helps.

But I would strongly suggest a UI reset, first. Escape is the default way to skip cutscenes, even if you haven’t seen them on that character yet.

2 Likes

sometimes i’m able to skip them though, it just seems like it’s certain cutscenes i can’t skip. impaticular jadefire and kings rest come to mind.

I’m not aware of any unskippable cutscenes, but I feel someone may have pointed some out to me in the past, though those aren’t ringing bells.

I would still try the UI reset, see if it helps. I haven’t run King’s Rest in some time, but I don’t recall an unskippable one in there.

2 Likes

In KR, after the 3rd boss, there’s a cutscene. Everytime it causes me to watch it. By time it finished, the group is up to the next trash mob waiting for me.

I want to try and avoid a UI reset. Not sure if I want to try setting up everything again. However, I did look through keybind settings, and can’t find one for cutscenes. Unless I missed it, I’m not sure if it’s on there as an option.

You may not have a choice, unfortunately. I know there are cutscenes in that dungeon, but I’m saying that I don’t recall any that I wasn’t able to skip. It has been a while, but not that long.

You don’t have to delete everything, you can simply rename the three folders specified by adding “_Old” to the end of them while the game is shut down. They’ll be recreated the next time you boot the game up with a fresh interface without potential interruptions.

If you’re able to skip them after that (before adding your addons back), you can add them back one by one until you run into the issue again, and that’s the conflicting addon.

3 Likes

Deadly boss mod addon has a feature to auto skip cutscenes that you have already seen once.

4 Likes

Addon Azeroth Autopilot (aka AAP) default is skip cut scene

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. Have you been able to fix the problem? I can’t find any answers.

I had a friend who pressed the escape key to skip the cutscenes, not sure if it works every time in all situations. I enjoyed the cutscenes so never really tried it but was not in a raid or dungeon.

To the best of my knowledge, the escape key should skip every cut scene. If your escape key isn’t working for this, and you haven’t changed its function in the keybindings, then yours is a UI issue and you should try the reset linked above.

Not every cutscene allows skipping. The part with Lei Shen in Throne of Thunder where you are crossing the bridge after Council & before Tortos still requires the cutscene to be played and will not accept you hitting YES to skip it.

I just tested it on a default install and it still cannot be skipped.

Pardon for the poor quality, I used my phone to film it to show that I was clicking the YES button (to no avail).

5 Likes

I’ll admit that I always drop down on the left and mitigate fall damage just to avoid that bridge with the cutscene. >_>

1 Like

I have heard of people doing it. I just let it play out.

I fixed mine, apparently ‘esc’ button came unbound at some point so i just rebound it to “Toggle Game Menu” and now it skips cinematics for me

9 Likes

I get this too but only for Throne of Thunder when you are fighting the turtle. The bridge thingy explodes and you get put into the cave to fight the turtle, but you cannot cancel the cut scene. Not a huge deal, but still mildly annoying. I put it in bug report a while back. This is the only cut scene that won’t cancel for me.

Me too. Just saw this post :smiley:

2 Likes

It is skippable, indirectly. Don’t set foot on the bridge. Instead, jump down past the right side of the bridge. If you do it completely wrong, you’ll fall fatally onto solid ground and then instantly rez in the right place. If you do it right, you’ll fall into the water surrounding the solid ground and swim to the right place.

Shaves off 30 seconds easy.

3 Likes