Unable to send BoAs to alts due to "free trial account"

Hi all,

I’m unable to send any Bind on Account items to any of my alts if they are on a different server than the sender toon, since it’ll throw the error that “Recipient is a Free Trial account and cannot receive mail”. This seems to happen no matter what BoA I’m sending; I’ve tried mailing heirlooms, the ZM armor caches, and the primeval essences, but all three throw the same error.

I have a currently active WoW sub that has been active for 4 months and has 2 months remaining on it (bought the 6mo sub), I do not have any additional WoW accounts tied to this Battle.net account, and I have tried a UI reset, which did nothing for the issue. I am also very, very sure I not misspelling anything, as I have attempted mailing BoAs on a bunch of different cross-realm combinations, and each attempt I filled out the recipient toon-server name both by manually typing it in myself and also choosing the recipient through the autofill that the in-game mail UI provides. No matter what I do or change, when attempting to mail a BoA to an alt on a different server from the sender toon, the game always thinks I am a free trial account.

This is pretty frustrating since now I want to unlock all the appearances from gear in the pre-patch event, but my only level 60 leather and mail alts are on different servers than my main, so I have no way to send the primeval essences over to them. :confused: I have also already communicated to support via the in-game ticket system, and the responses I got pretty much amounted to nothing except to submit a bug report. I’d really appreciate if this issue is addressed because the only workaround I know of is to realm transfer my alts over to the same server, and I definitely do not have enough irl currency or WoW gold to do that, lol.

2 Likes