Unable to login to WoW when I manually open wow.exe

On one of my two accounts, this happens to be whether I use the launcher or not. On my other one – no problem. All of your help articles are totally worthless for whatever this problem is.

1 Like

Was able to get my game to update to 9.1.5.42010 and now I’m able to use the authenticator to login on Retail, hopefully soon all clients can get in!

2 Likes

Until you provide the ability to log into multiple locations with the launcher at the same time, this answer is the height of absurdity.

Your system doesn’t work if you remove the standard login. You would be breaking it intentionally.

3 Likes

if you have more than 1 account it’s still extremely hard to log in

Go back to my main account, login… it works… go back to my 2nd account, login and it finally works

so in theory i need to log in 3 times for it to work, so dumb.

i have never used an authenticator and used WoW.exe to login just fine … saying to logon via the Battle.net Launcher is a little bit dumb . i only use the Launcher if and when there is a update. having the launcher running in the background takes resources from the ram…cpu gpu network connections etc and lowers little bit of performance to the game on low to mid range computers & laptops

You do realize that one of the launcher options is to have it shut itself down once the game starts?

No need to ever have it running in the bckground.

1 Like

No, it objectively doesn’t. At worst, maybe ten frames lost per hour and there’s several hundred thousand frames per hour @60fps. The launcher can be set to not use hardware acceleration, so no GPU load, and while it’s minimized, it uses an average of around 0.1% CPU over the course of playing for hours. Oh and it uses less than 150mb of ram.

Stop with this null argument. The launcher makes zero noticible difference in performance at all. The people that are absolutely refusing to use the launcher just don’t want to use it because it won’t let you sandbox/virtual machine it and can still detect the host machine. These are extremely common practices with botters, scammers and multiboxers, combined with VPNs, to isolate their real account+HWID+IP from their shady activities.

EDIT: Oh and if you truly are a legit “legal” multiboxer, within the rules of the ToS, then you can set the bnet launcher to allow multiple open instances for logging into more game clients.

Hey again,

It looks like our QA/Dev teams have the fix for Classic versions of WOW in testing. The fix should already be live for 9.1.5 patch. Once our support staff has more info we will be posting it here.

Thank you for working with us on this.

2 Likes

Thanks heaps for this update

This doesn’t work for two PCs, and isn’t required for one PC, so it’s a pointless claim that keeps being repeated by people who clearly have no idea.

No I don’t want to use the launcher, because you can’t be logged into B-Net on two PCs at once, and it requires you to completely exit the client to change accounts.

Thankfully, your position is absurd enough that even Blizzard isn’t recognizing it, and has been working to fix the problem.

I proved this in another thread of this topic but it’s super simple and easy to use two machines with the same account.

1. Log into Bnet on PC1
  2. Launch WoW with Bnet on PC1
  3. Log into a character on PC1
  4. Go to PC2
  5. Log into Bnet on PC2
  6. Hit approve on your phone if it makes you
  7. Launch WoW with Bnet for different sub-account on PC2
  8. Log into character on PC2
  9. If you need Bnet for PC1 still, for chat or something, go back to it and hit reconnect on the Bnet launcher.

No characters will get logged out or anything and it’s not really that much work. You don’t have to stay logged into the Bnet client after you’re logged in. If you’re hopping and juggling around on accounts to where it’s becoming an issue, you need to reevaluate what you’re doing with the game because that’s not normal behaviour, even for multiboxers.

1 Like

Literally the method you’re describing is the problem. You’re constantly being logged out of one client when you log into the other. That is why people are unhappy with the launcher.

You’re an apologist for a company that doesn’t want your apology and is fixing the bug as we speak. Stop attempting to defend a position Blizzard doesn’t hold…

You are not, and clearly never have, used multiple accounts. If you did, you’d realize how ridiculous your arguments sound. Don’t explain why having two accounts online at the same time is “not normal behavior”. It’s literally the point.

Why would that matter to the shady people insisting on being able to log into WoW without the launcher at all? Once your WoW clients are open and logged in, you don’t need bnet anymore… Logging into your bnet launcher in on another PC doesn’t log you out of the game server on the other PC, it only logs you out of the launcher and it gives you a reconnect button if you really need it. You can even close out of the bnet launcher after you’re logged into the game…

Apologist? I’m not doing any apologizing on behalf of Blizzard. I’m just pointing out the situation and temporary solutions that people are refusing to even attempt to use while they “fix” the game. The delay in the bugfix, for classic, was just a dragnet for impatient scammers and botters because classic is plagued with them… There will likely be a big banwave in a couple months.

I started using multiple accounts during vanilla, camping green dragons for our guild…

Hopping and juggling around on accounts meaning constantly logging in and out of different accounts on your machines… Which would be slightly annoying, but that’s only going to affect the botters and scammers doing shady activities. For a normal multiboxer, you log into your various clients ONCE and you’re good to go for the evening.

2 Likes

Given they have admitted this is a bug, what in the hell are you idiots even arguing over?

Anyway… Thanks for actually replying to this issue, but why is classic taking so long? Retail has BEEN fixed.
Why not just undo what you did to break it?

Literally “We’d be ok if you could log into the launcher on bot machines at once”. You have your own arguments prepared before you even read anyone else’s statements, so they’re often irrelevant to the reply.

And this is the problem… If I want to swap what account is running on which machine, I need to go through hoops to log in and out of different launchers. It’s an insufficient workaround.

You’ve been doing that repeatedly in multiple threads, making up claims that they aren’t expected to do the work they’re paid for, despite the fact that they’re doing that very thing.

Nope. Clearly you are one of those people who isn’t ‘normal’. Swapping what account is running on which computer, either the main machine, or the off machine, is common through an evening.

Regardless, Blizzard has done the work you claim they don’t have to, so I have no need to argue pointless nonsense with someone who is making up claims that even the company doesn’t support.

Good day.

1 Like

Surprise, surprise. Are those issues making more sense now, like I tried to explain? It’s almost as if they were preparing for this:

WoW.exe has been around for about 15 years before the launcher was even a idea in the programmer’s eyes. WoW.exe lets you run 2 or more accounts on the same computer at once (called multi-boxing). and still the best way to login if the launcher has any problems

1 Like

Considering they are FIXING THE BUG… No, you’re just still making stuff up.

1 Like

I got an EULA reconfirmation, logged out of BNet on the launcher and back in again to do the confirmation, then the client allows me to log in to multiple accounts using only a password again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.