Unable to download new update BLZBNTAGT000008A4 error

I keep getting BLZBNTGT000008A4. It gets to “fetching build configuration” then this error pops up. Well, I have done everything in the troubleshooting guide, and I still can’t download this file. Is anyone else having this issue? Once again I did everything the troubleshooting guide said.

2 Likes

I just got home & tried to update only to get this message as well. Trying the repair option now.

didnt work for me… hope it does for you! good luck!!

I just did a full scan & repair, started the Update and got:

“Something went wrong with a file. We’re not sure what caused it, so please try again or click the code below for more information. Sorry about that!”

again. Blizzard, save us!

1 Like

The only thing that works. Your going to have to reboot your system. It does that to me 9 time outta 10. Blizz’s amazing programming staff hard at work. Error after error…Try and close out Bnet. Doesn’t help. Then reboot the PC and poof…Then it suddenly works. All that hassle for a 50meg patch that probably doesn’t do anything anyways.

I fixed it! I found this article linked on an old forum post and it worked for me. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/known-technical-support-issues-updated-jan-14-2019/22909/13

Basically went to task manager and found Wow Voice Proxy and hit End Task. Hope that helps you!

2 Likes

I have rebooted my laptop over 20 times today along with my router and I still cant get that update

I tried this: Known Technical Support Issues - Updated July 21, 2020 - #13 by Drakuloth , but i can’t find the WoWVoiceProxy.exe or World of WarCraft Voice Proxy process. I’ve been trying to fix this for a couple of hours now. If anyone got an answer to this i would be very thankful!

I dont have either of those running but now its flashing I have another update and the update button is flashing. So it seems now like its trying to download it twice. I have gone into the task manager and shut all blizzard apps off and it is still doing it! I am getting so frustrated!!! I played just fine earlier today till this stupid update that I cant get!!! BLIZZARD HELP!!! Once again I have done every thing in the “troubleshooting guide” and nothing is working!!!

Yeah, it’s very frustrating, i dont want to have to download 100 gbs all over again with my snail download speed

I was trying to re-run the scan and repair but now I cant do that either because it un-pauses the download and keeps flashing waiting on another update. Now I remember why I took an 8 yr break from WoW.

I think is time for me to move on as well

Worked for me too. Thank you!

Nothing is working for me yet, hoping Blizzard replies soon!!!

Well it worked. I had no idea that you could view background programs so easily. You fixed my wow and taught me something new. Thanks a million!

I wish I could fix mine!!! Nothing has worked so far and I am at a loss!!! And still getting no reply from Blizzard. SMH

I hate the WoW Voice Proxy. There used to be a simple way to block it, but that was “fixed”. Why they insist on forcing it on us, I couldn’t tell you. An opt out would be great.

I’m having a similar issue as well this evening. I had an update pending earlier, then I tried to update. It wouldn’t download and I couldn’t launch (the play button replaced with ‘Update’) so I think it was the same error as OP. So then I hit a Scan/Repair. Now my launcher is stuck in the infinite Scan/Repair loop and it won’t get out of it. I even tried deleting the .IDX files to let it rebuild but that isn’t working either. Tried rebooting/shutting off my PC too, but to no avail. Even now when I try to hit the update it will do nothing but Scan/Repair, and I can’t do anything else, so I’m stuck out of my game and don’t know what to do. I hope this is fixed soon. :sob:

Thanks! This worked for me and the install went through quickly and without an issue.

I fixed it! I found this article linked on an old forum post and it worked for me. Known Technical Support Issues - Updated July 21, 2020 - #13 by Drakuloth
Basically went to task manager and found Wow Voice Proxy and hit End Task. Hope that helps you!

It helped, thank you :slight_smile: