Unable to connect to WoW login screen

I feel like I have a combination of issues that have been reported here in other posts, but I can’t seem to get anything suggested to work. When I go in from the Battle . net launcher I can hear music (or the opening audio of the video when I’ve deleted Cache and WTF folders or uninstalled and reinstalled WoW completely), but I see nothing on screen. Then other times I get a log-in background and the mouse pointer changes to the gauntlet, but it never goes off of “Connecting” and shows in task manager as not responding.

I’ve currently updated all of my drivers (including removing and reinstalling driver per the direction of one post I found for my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti). I’m running WIN10 64. I’ve turned my firewall on and off. I’ve added all the Blizzard apps through the firewall. I’ve opened the WoW necessary ports. I’m honestly kind of spinning my wheels at this point. This is a relatively new laptop (last 8 months or so), but it was working fine before the big upgrade to Battle for Azeroth update.

Is there anything I can do or try? And is there anything that is needed to look into the issue more from me? Please help…I miss WoW… :disappointed_relieved:

I GOT THIS ERROR BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 IM GETTING THIS AND ITS TELLING ME I NEED TO UPDATE, when i try repair its not working either

Windows updated make sure the windows defender is off along with the firewall if you use another AV and firewall program. There has been a update to windows so its possible that windows turned defender back on

Hey there! Thank you so much, @Northernlite. It did seem that Windows Defender was turned back on. However, even after disabling it, I still have no change. I’m getting the “Connecting” and non-responsive log-in background. I’ve even dug through to make sure I didn’t have some other hidden av app running somewhere and there isn’t any. It screams of some kind of connection or av/firewall issue, but I just don’t know how to get around it.

My current issue is with the bnet app, it freezes my computer completely. This began happening after I loaded a Java update. I found a work around though.

I bypass the bnet app and launch the game from the Wow.exe application in my world of warcraft retail folder.

This way I know its the bnet app and no other files in the game. Plays just fine.