Unable to complete world quest: "Not so bad down here"

World quest is for pet battle. NPC that you talk to is underwater. So I go to swim down and engage the pet battle but it says I can’t cus i’m stuck in combat. I didn’t aggro anyone but I figured I’d just use shadowmeld and then try again.

Still “stuck in combat”. So I’m thinking, great. The game derped out on me. So I try to log off and it says I’m unable to do that. Well, so then I alt-tab and force-quit the game.

Then I relog and then try to engage the pet battle again. And the in-game camera does change, as if to start the pet battle, but my pets do not appear. Instead, I literally lose control over my own character and he starts auto-casting Eyebeam and Fel Immolation.

WTF

It scared the crap out of me. Thought I was being hacked or something. Very jarring. Nothing was laying on top of my keyboard or anything.

So I force-quit again and then relog to engage the NPC and the same thing happens. Instead of my pets appearing my character appears to be casting random spells instead.

If it’s worth anything the WoW icon on my Windows task bar keeps flashing orange as if to alert me that I’m under attack or have someone whispered me or something but nope, nothing there.

Well, quick update. I was able to use my flight master’s whistle to get out of there but I cannot use the flight paths anymore because the game still thinks I’m in combat or something.

Relogging for the millionth time didn’t work either. I was able to hearth out to stormwind and then back and I haven’t been stuck again, but I don’t even want to touch that world quest anymore.

4 Likes

Still happening as of Jan. 13th, when i entered the broken pet battle my toon was casting spell like Mole Machine by himself.

Still happening as of January 23, 2019. The “stuck in combat” bug is ridiculous enough in all other areas, but now I can’t even complete a world quest? Preposterous.

1 Like

STILL not fixed as of April 2nd 2019…like come on, this is a joke now.

1 Like

December 27th, 2019. Ticket filed. Still broke…

i don’t think it’s getting fixed, guys. lol no point in trying to do a broken wq

While I was in front of the Pet Handler, I logged out and logged back in, and it worked.

2 Likes