Ultra-wide monitor support gone... and low framerate

So there is no longer support for my ultra-wide 21:9 monitor under the settings, and now suddenly my framerate has dropped significantly. I presume 21:9 support will be back eventually, but am I just screwed with the 18 fps at level 1 graphics??

Hopefully this gets moved over to Tech Support for you. You might want to reach out to them via a ticket too.

2 Likes

I just put a ticket in. I hope it gets resolved! 18 fps staring at a wall in Dustwallow… really not fun.

Do your other games perform effectively?

Under System > Advanced, what do you see for Graphics API, and for Graphics Card?

UPDATE: support said they’re getting similar reports from other Macs. Here’s to hoping they fix soon!

You can manually set the ultrawide resolution in the config.wtf file and it will work. I used to play on an ultrawide and really grew to love the field of view, so I kept the 21:9 when I went back to my iMac. I have to manually set this on install since the 21:9 resolution isn’t listed; I play windowed so the full screen setting might look slightly different.

Go to config.wtf under retail/WTF and change SET gxWindowedResolution to the desired resolution.

Quoting both of these for truth. The first quote is a work around, the second quote describes our thoughts on the matter. It appears to have broken, and we’re checking it out now. Thanks for the report, and please contribute to this thread on the issue. Locking this one so we get all the reports in one place.