UI settings did not save after relogging

its happened to me multiple times, i’ve removed any UI adjusting addons as well that might compete with layouts just incase. Bartender was preventing some of the layout from actually saving in game. once i removed it, it did finally allow me full freedom. but logging out and then back in wiped the layout completely clean, as if i hadn’t created it at all.

Too frustrating to deal with after spending two hours working on getting the perfect UI and saving it only to logout and find it didn’t save at all. So tried it all over again with just a few obvious changes to test it, did this three times now and still can’t get it to actually save even though it lets me save in game and choose a name for it and everything. Logout and back in and it’s just gone - not even there to choose from.

3 Likes

A dumb work around I found is to “Share” my ui. Put it into a text file. Then just import the freaking thing every time I relog. So annoying.

5 Likes

Same issue here. I can still see the layout I saved. But when I try to load it, the only setting it retained was where I moved the minimap. And I can’t get any of the additional Action Bars to show up no matter how many times I check/uncheck them, reload the UI, exit/relaunch WoW or reboot. The only way I’ve found to start over is to reset my UI again.

Before I logged in tonight, I completely reset the UI (renamed the cache, interface and wtf folders in my retail installation of WoW and also reset console variables). I also don’t have any addons loaded either. So whatever is causing this, it isn’t an addon. I also wanted to rule out it being an issue with my WoW install, so I tried it on my brand new laptop with a pristine install of WoW. Same thing.

I’m done for tonight. I have all day tomorrow to try to wrangle a fix. I’ll definitely try the “share” UI feature and see if that helps. I’d actually like to PLAY some WoW instead of spending all my time tweaking the UI to look just right.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I have named a loadout, customized it to my liking and saved it. Every time I log out and then log back in the UI reverts back to “Modern”. I can see the loadout name and it is checked - but it is not saving any of the customization. I have set up the UI and saved it (or at least attempted to save it) 3 times now. All addons are disabled and have been for the entire session. I will try the share fix idea tomorrow. I’m done with it for this evening.

I spent quite awhile with it constantly resetting on me and no layout saving for the last 2 hours or so. I Disabled addons, deleted WTF folder, etc, still nothing worked.
Only thing that worked for me is I can edit everything and save the layout and relog as long as I dont adjust the “chat frame” at all.
It seems anything I adjust after adjusting the chat frame does not save when logging out…not the biggest issue for me that chat frame cant be moved but hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Hope this helps someone

1 Like

Yep that is the issue, thanks. I guess I cant use the new UI… you know the big change for this patch. The chat is so big I can’t use the new UI rip

Same experience for me. I moved my action bars around, resized them, changed keybinds, etc, and none of it was saved. I created a new UI Layout and saved them there, but the settings did not save.

Of note, the changes I made with third-party addons DID save. For example, I used an addon to move the default location of armor durability info. That change persisted after logging out and back in, and those changes persisted across new characters (which use the same addon profile).

having had a few frustrating moments of trying to figure out why and what was causing this. i can attest, dont touch the chat window. do everything BUT the chat window and it seems to be just fine. i have loaded my layout onto other toons successfully without issue. it is annoying that the chat takes up a bit of room but it is holding up at least.

Great advice, thank you!

Just wanted to chime in and say that my UI seems to be saving now. I didn’t do anything different than last night. This is including my chat window scaling I did.

1 Like

Really? I can move the chat box and save now, but if I try to drag the scale of the chat box and save it, it doesn’t work still.

exactly my issue. super frustrating.

this was the issue i was having too with bartender. and i thought i solved it as well by disabling, but as soon as i logged, back to square one.

Thanks very much for this advice. Resizing the chat box seems to be the cause of the UI edits reverting for me as well. I’ll just have to wait for Blizz to fix this, but until then I can customize every element but this one.

I’m getting an update on my launcher now as I type this. I also noticed there will be an hour maintenance to morrow as well. So perhaps some of these things will be fixed.

Thank you so very much for this advice. I was getting so frustrated. I hope they fix this soon as I usually have my details box right where the chat box is and I really like to have a smaller chat box.

Same issue. Between this, the massive chat/minimap, and the talent font being unreasonably small, I’m willing to bet this updated needed a few more days in the oven.

1 Like

Same here for most of my characters, although it did actually save on 3 of my characters. However, most of them I have to import settings from clipboard so that I can actually play those characters. This is a bug and should not be, ActiBlizz needs to fix this ASAP.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

I have painstakingly built the UI layout for my MC trying to give Blizzard’s a chance. Named it. Saved it. Logged out for the day. I’m not on the sixth time I’ve logged back in the next day to everything broken and having to be rebuilt in order to play. I’m not going to bother. I’m going to reinstall my mod, and if that doesn’t work, I’ll just quit playing until it’s fixed. Spending an hour in deja vu land every day is simply not worth it.