UI: Players Yelling via NPC chat

TL;DR:
Whine whine QQ … but seriously: I am looking for a solution to separate the Player’s NPC yell from other important NPC yelling, so I can hide one and not the other.

More than once I have come across this chat spam today. Someone sets out some NPC in a group, tells people to click on it, player characters transform, and now my chatbox is filled with spam of their yelling.

I have player yells hidden, and in the past, I have hidden whispers from NPC’s b ecause of the Isle of thunder talking head that was super spammy, and I usually have Emotes from NPC’s hidden due to the “Confession”, only unhiding that because I want to know when there is a Feral Screech for my druids.

This spam is bumping the chat so much, I worry I might miss seeing the chat I want to see.

I know I can shut off the NPC yelliing, but sometimes I NEED to see the NPC yells to be informed about certain mechanics, or when a rare NPC (“Loot and pillage muahaha”) is in the area, and other non-player stuff.

Sample Image via Imgur, Yells in Throne of the Tides: qGmZ5Nb.jpg

What I ask of Blizzard, can you do something so I can turn off the chat of players yelling out of these costumes (this isnt a player yell, I have player yells unchecked in the box where I am seeing these yells), and NOT turn off all other NPC yells?

If someone could make an addon… tell me where to find it? Please and thank you.

P.S. I had to leave a Timewalking group moments ago, my entire chat was filled with their yelling along with the boss’s yells, so all I saw were yells. I had to leave the dungeon as soon as the first boss was down, for I cant concentrate on my spellcasting when I am overwhelmed, and I dont want to burden the puggers with my lower-than-usual dps.

Could disable all yells and use something like Deadly Boss Mods to display the important alerts instead.

1 Like