Uhoh..Bobby knew all about the sexual harassment allegations for years

You’re just wrong. If every claim or allegation got brought to the board, that’s all they would do. This stuff gets handled by HR and the legal department. Every legal claim doesn’t get Karen’d all the way up to the board no matter how much you wish it did.

Blizzard controls the price.

This is completely wrong. He owns 0.56% of the company. The largest shareholder is Vanguard with like 7%. Publicly traded, no one owns it in full anymore, that’s the point. The board holds the most power, which represents the largest shareholders (still not Bobby).

5 Likes

Well what you’re supposed to do, what you do, and what you think you can get away with when you control the majority of the voting shares… are all different things.

And your source for this is?

Considering it was resolved out of court I’d say he took the path of least damage to the company. What he failed to do was take the next step and see to it that the work environment that lead to it didn’t get changed.

1 Like

So about that, that’s direct ownership. The way Bobby actually gets paid is by putting his shares up as collateral for loans but maintaining voting control. He actually has voting control.

Lol settle down, tree boy

His 4 million shares don’t hold a candle to other shareholders though. He’s the CEO, he’s not on the board of directors. The board is the only entity that has power over him. Hence the saying that everyone, even CEOs, have a boss.

The top four shareholders have 165m shares. Not even counting the rest of the list.

Looking further, he’s not even in the top 10.

5 Likes

Here’s a Twitter thread with the full article. I found it on Wowhead.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MagdalenaDK/status/1460651106187444225

1 Like

Nothing gets me more pumped to raid WoW on Tuesday than more sexual harassment stories.

6 Likes

Thought so :smiley:

Right on! It’s all giant mutual funds and brokerage houses. Blackrock, Vanguard, SSga, Fidelity.

Thank you for bringing some truth to this. Some people on here are just upset and spewing.

1 Like

Isn’t there a law in the US that says aslong as a certain portion of your shareholders (25% say) want a vote held, the company is legally bound to do so.

I thought that even though a majority of the shares were privately held, the public traded ones were the ones that mattered as that’s actual investor money that is the most affected by bad business decisions.

LOL, well you know, googling is hard. Bobby is the top INDIVIDUAL shareholder, but that doesn’t matter in this conversation I don’t think.

1 Like

Ty. This is most helpful. I don’t have a subscription to the WSJ.

I am kind of glad for once, this is not about Blizzard. It does shine a huge light on Kotick though and the culture he permitted (and is rife in the gaming industry).

3 Likes

Of Shares outstanding. That means all shares including non-voting blocks. So he can own a tiny fraction as long as he holds the voting shares. See Zuckerburg… he did the exact same thing.

If Bobby didn’t actually control the stock he would have been fired by the board ages ago. They’ve been incredibly unhappy with him for awhile for a variety of reasons.

But they don’t hold bad drivers accountable. Most only get a fine and keep walking free, sometimes they get their license suspended for a year, at most.

That’s because his paychecks were more important than him caring about his actual employees.

What’s really funny is most of you forum junkies who defended Blizzard throughout all of this now sees the bigger picture.

4 Likes

It turns out Mike Morhaime praised an employee who was fired for abuse.

1 Like