UHDK Tier Set needs CHANGE!

IMO they should swap Clawing Shadows with Scourge strike, make SS the talent and make it pop two wounds, one for each hit, the physical and the shadow.

a lot of what you are suggesting isn’t making changes either, its just rename and tweaking a few spells. like what is the point of getting rid of FS if you are just going to make SS mechanically similar? on top of that your suggestions would leave you with wounds all over the place, between claw and autoattack alone you just invalidated your SS and CS’s existence entirely. you could just stand there and let wounds build while afk, then hit apoc everytime its off cd with nary a care about your class, buffs, or resource management.

1 Like

Unholy set will be changed to only count SS/CS casts that cause a wound burst. Scarizard posted an update.

1 Like

if it only counts CS/SS bursts, then that doesn’t really make any more useful to pvpers than before.

1 Like

It’s getting hard to maintain my composure when discussing the ‘fixes’ that Blizzard chooses. I seriously hope this is an awkward choice of phrasing on Blizzards part, because otherwise…

Fix degenerate gameplay in pve? Check.
Ignore the issue of the set bonus not being useful in PvP? Check.
Actively avoid the community suggestion that would solve both issues? Check.

Would it be so bad if the set bonus was marginally stronger in PvE, and much stronger in PvP, because it proc’d from apocalypse + 1 scs?

I really wish for once Blizzard would put their ego aside and take a suggestion from the community. It’s not like Unholy has been performing well in PvP, even after significant buffs since the launch of shadowlands.

1 Like

It looks like they did take a suggestion from the community, just not the section you think is right.

Not to mention dps output would have dictated what the better play would have been. If wounds could have been ignored outside of apoc it says more about the crappy wound system and damage than it does about the tier set.

If popping wounds was a dps increase over just hitting scourge strike / clawing shadows, then the change is absolutely pointless.

It’s all about wound damage vs SR damage. At some point, that 1/5th of an SR u get per SS becomes more valuable than building the wound first.

I just said if you can ignore wounds it says more about the crappy wound system and damage than it does about the set.

You would still have to build wounds and pop them for Apoc, and convocation unless you would not want apoc cd to reduce and use something else like a covenant conduit.

But if reaper secondary effect doesnt trigger until execute range… why wouldnt you pop wounds? You would just need to apply SR every 10 seconds to get the 20% attack speed for your ghoul.

This whole thing seems like a waste of damn time and speculation.

Maybe they should have just buffed wound damage if its so low, or just make a better tier set.

this is actually getting to be a common theme, not just in class changes.

still keeps the pvp community from being able to really use it, if it went purely off wounds you could hit apoc then doomburst, the set bonus would add sufficient damage to make this a more potent go burst that can also be done faster, putting us in line with other plate melee for time till lethal burst damage. right now we take too long and spend too many globals to get to max burst, and some of that is the fault of the devs doing things their way instead of what the community wants.

The tier set has changed, you no longer get attack speed, pet dmg increase instead and only on secondary trigger. There would’ve only been reason to spam SS/CS in execute, but that is still bad.

That’s no longer a worry so all good!

So then its an execute phase tier set… or are you not explaining it properly?

It gains more power in execute yes. You get 5% pet damage and the ghoul spawns outside of execute. In execute, u get 20% pet damage, extra SRs and the ghouls again.

So you arent explaining it properly.

ah yeah, my bad. My point was that you don’t get a big effect from the 2p SRs outside of execute. There would’ve been little reason to spam SS/CS outside of execute.

So the set has been updated, but its not reflected anywhere. Your write up doesnt change it, Icy-veins doesnt change it, mmo-champ doesnt change it.

Does no one know how to update information anymore?

Also, looking at a blue post, the entire reason for this change was for the execute window, not the overall gameplay. So whats the problem with changing how you play during execute phase exactly?

Here’s the post about the changes: https://www.wowhead.com/news/patch-9-2-build-41827-tier-set-bonus-tuning-and-changes-325563

So what is the problem with the set warranting a change? 5% minion damage, soul reaper in execute range increases this to 20% for 8 seconds.

When you use scourge strike or clawing shadows it applies soul reaper and summons an army ghoul for 15 seconds.

Why does it need to be on wound pop because of the execute phase… again whats wrong with a change of play during an execute phase?

1 Like

I just think it’s quite degenerate to ignore a large part of our normal rotation, and just spam a single button.

Its an execute phase, who cares? If its better damage who cares? If people find it fun… WHO CARES?!

1 Like

I don’t know about you but I don’t find it too fun to just spam a single button in my rotation?

Its just an execute phase for crying out loud. For instance, demo lock used to basically entirely swap to spamming soul fire in execute range while keeping some dots up. It was fun.

A lot of people dont find wounds all that fun, its just bloat and just another resource.

1 Like