UH DK in 9.2 RBG's

Hi all,

I have been thinking about gearing up my DK for 9.2 do do some RBG’s.

Thing is I’ve always preferred UH to Frost

With the projected 9.2 changes do you think UH will have more of a place in RBG’s? or will it still be dominated by Frost?

Thanks!

1 Like

the only change is we will have lots of go when we hit slappyhands but that is about it. if your build isn’t focused around using the slappyhands go, 9.2 changes really dont mean much.

2 Likes

“Slappyhands”

“Go”

You kids make me cringe.

3 Likes

You can really play either now.

Frost isn’t really that good. Both specs are C or below and frost is a complete joke to negate their go. I’d say unholy is actually better in BGs right now

1 Like

Don’t listen to Imenia he’s clueless. His main content is epic battlegrounds.

Unholy conduits are getting buffed to improve their scaling thru the expac. 35% wound damage is going to give disgusting burst with sores + the new abomb legendary to stack modifiers. You’re going to have a lot of killing power. Regardless dk job in rbg is to press chains stop drinks stop rotates.

Ur main issues are going to be that frost can perform those jobs and has multiple forms of aoe crowd control for a team fight ontop of rbg players being largely awful at the game and super meta slave mentality.

Just show people you’re good at dk and if you don’t like frost don’t play it. You will find people that will play with you as long as you prove you’re competent.

6 Likes

i like how you say this then proceed to say something that doens’t contradict me at all.

so, in your go you will have lots of killing power, but outside that, things won’t be changing because you will still be doing utility/support work instead of killing.

how is that different from what i said?

unholy doesn’t pull away from frost in the teamfight until you get to larger team fights where the sustained aoe burns healer mana into the ground. in RBGs that doesn’t happen, so no change there.

i said in 1 line what you took several lines to say, yet somehow you think im clueless.

Healers do go oom in RBG. That’s why I say you’re clueless. You have no rated lvl experience you just fight half afk ungeared players in epic battlegrounds and act like you’re the authority on unholy dk pvp on here.

You have superstrain equipped…you’re a 1600 player that should be ignored by anyone who wants to actually learn about uhdk

not from suppressive AoE though, epidemic requires a critical mass of targets, and you just don’t have that many targets in RBGs, maybe if every DPS had 2+ pets, but that would still be on the bottom end. superstrain is one of my builds for epics, i don’t take my epic build into RBGs or arena. for RBGs i run death’s certainty and for 2s i run festermight.

and i got all the way to 1700 in 2s as double DPS carrying a boomkin with no leggo and who couldn’t hit convoke in step with my go if his life depended on it. ended up stopping because my MMR quickly outpaced my CR and i was facing teams with 2100 gearing and that is difficult enough without DK being trash in 2s and double dps being a terrible comp for unholy. I’ve been looking for a healer to at least finish my 1800 set, but seems like people are done with the season and the only bites im getting are healers with really low pvp exp.

it seems you would rather insult first and think later. you want to try and distill and entire player’s skill into a single CR when you fail to understand that not everyone is interested in doing arena as much as you. you also fail to understand that lack of interest is not the same as lack of understanding. yes there are major differences between arena, RBGs, epics, and wpvp, this results in different combat style requirements and different skill sets. each of which can be expanded on and developed by the player, some is transferrable, some is not. but you need to play all areas to understand which is and which isn’t, this also has the effect of making you a more well rounded player.

your comment is on par with saying that only Formula1 counts as “real racing” and therefore Sebastien Loeb is not a real driver.

edit, also:

the mentality that only players with X rating are allowed to talk about pvp is extremely toxic, anyone can talk pvp, not everyone is right, and that is where having more skill and experience helps, you can come in and give advice. going by our character sheets, you aren’t anywhere near my experience, yeah you hit 2400, but i’ve killed many glads, even when they were serious about it.

if you can’t correct them, you aren’t any better than they are, you need to be able to explain how someone is wrong not just rating shame them. rating shaming just means you are insecure and have no self esteem.

‘If you can’t explain it to a 6 year old, you don’t understand it yourself’ -Albert Einstein

1 Like

That pretty much says it all. <3

1 Like