Tyrannical... Nerf it

I’m all down for challenging mechanics, but jesus. 159% increase in health? Come on now it is unreal!

3 Likes

tyrannical is not 159% increased hp its 40%.

If you want to complain get your facts straight.

It might be 159% for a set key level with all mechanics combined but that is not the affix that is setting that level most of that is from the key level itself. Not really a valid complaint to call a affix bad since they key itself adds diff. Esp as that 159% is only correct at once vary set key level so not really a useful number at all.

In fact as per the chart

https://imgur.com/2PzzXbO

Only key diff 10 is 159% increased hp. Kinda ruins your point when only one level has the amount of hp your claiming about. Esp when level 10 is not even considered a “hard” level. In fact considered easier than 8/9 by many.

Also a number is just a number, it is not a reason to nerf something. You should look for a real reason such as completion rates comparing fort to tyr or something if you want to make a claim of it being to hard.

2 Likes

It’s a ridiculous affix. Settings bosses at key levels higher than what you are running is stupid. If you could do the higher keys you’d be doing them already.

2 Likes

Tyrannical and Fortified are outdated, superfluous affixes IMO. The whole affix system is pretty nonsense honestly.

6 Likes

Honestly, I think they should remove Tyrannical and Fortified and adjust scaling as necessary. The difficulty differential between Tyrannical and Fortified weeks is silly.

7 Likes

Tyrannical has a couple bosses that it exposes as being overtuned… otherwise its just a timegate. Tyrannical is the week where you cannot mess up on a single bossfight or the wipe costs you the key and therefore an additional 1-2 hours of gametime to get back to the keylevel you were at (excl the fact you are unlikely to get the same dungeon, if you wanted it specifically).

Thing is… the M+ loot rewards are so garbage in both ilvl reward and volume for effort required, there’s no reason to have these gating mechanics for keys. They might as well not even have keystones and just let people queue for difficulty levels they’ve earned and force them to run multiple other dungeons before rerunning the same one (to prevent farming).

Since they turned M+ rewards into a weekly chest, when the whole point of it was something to do between weekly raids, all of the gating mechanics they added to it are completely retarded.

6 Likes

Yes select bosses might be overtuned and shows with tyrannical but that is quite a bit diffrent than the op is claiming here which is tyranical itself is overtuned without any evidence or info at all backing it up.

If set bosses are overtuned (and there are) should be pointing them out in threads with the evidence pointing out why (people have done so and some adjustments have been made but not enough yet).

This thread was pointless from the ops comment from the simple fact he gave nothing to discuss via his lack of data evidence or even thought put into his post.

He’s registering that tyrannical is frustrating, which is valid feedback. No need to police people like that, dude.

For my part, some encounters feel disproportionately challenging. Second boss in Sanguine Depths seems crazy harder than any other fight I’ve done this week at +13, though I’m also staring at the +13 Plaguefall in my bags, thinking about the last boss, and shuddering.

Tyrannical is unfun. Would rather they get rid of tyrannical, make fortified rotational, and let the seasonal be the differential.

8 Likes

Castigate was overpowered until they nerfed the frequency of the dot a bit. It still hits hard but as long as people aren’t taking the beams, as they never once should be, you can heal through castigate np. Originally you needed defensives and or healer cooldowns to survive a castigate. DPS just needs to melt the add as it spawns and not be bad otherwise.

This thread was pointless from the ops comment from the simple fact he gave nothing to discuss via his lack of data evidence or even thought put into his post.

If you’ve done any key higher than 9 you’ll have enough information to conclude that Tyrannical is bull and it needs to be toned down.

Even with the Prideful buff some bosses have way too much HP and will remain at either 30% or 40% after Lust and Prideful.

3 Likes

While that may be true.

The op did not bring any of that into the thread. Assuming people agree with your or requiring people to do x in order to take part in a discussion is a failed argument from the start. Esp when the ops agruement is based around a incorrect number in the first place claiming tyrannical is the reason for a 159 percent hp increase it’s not it’s only one factor.

The burden of proof is placed on the one bringing up a point. In this case the op. As such it falls on him to provide reasons for what he wants not assume people agree or exepect people to do it for him.

Esp as in many cases it’s the bosses that interact badly with tyrannical showing how bad the bosses are scaled not so much tyrannical itself. I would counter with many bosses remain overtuned and need to be adjusted more so than tyrannical as a whole being the issue. This is supported by blizzard making adjustments to bosses consistently but not tyrannical.

While I will agree tyrannical vs Fort is a bit overtuned without something to show that the agruement is flawed. Even said where you can find that info (completion rates). There is much better threads showing tyrannical as a issue than the op that has only made a waste of space due to not supporting his point in any way.

You must be thrilling at parties.

4 Likes

This is not a party this is a discusion board. It is not remotly comparable. Obv how someone acts at a party will be different from work just like how they take part in a logical discussion will be different than when joking around.

The op asked for something to happen as such it should be expected he supports it with a logical agruement.

Amordrone is nuts man haha.

4 Likes

Even though they nerfed Castigate, the add he spawning has an AOE aura that hits for 2.5k every second on a 8. With the tank getting smacked by the boss, boss using Castigate, the add also has a lot of hp. We had Pride and Lust, party could not do it because it was too much on the healer.

Tyrannical and Fortified are both boring affixes that arbitrarily increase the difficulty of dungeons through sheer numbers when they no longer need to be. The dungeon encounters have enough to stand on their own. That doesn’t even get into how both tend to interact with dungeons negatively - some are massively more difficult on tyrannical (plaguefall, DoS, wake) and some much more on fortified (spires mostly).

The main question is whether there is value in replacing them entirely and getting into the potentially wild pool of three random affixes per dungeon, or reworking them into something more engaging than just +x% more health and damage.

1 Like

You can also get prideful for it by skipping the mini boss when he pats to the left of side of the room and go around the right side of the ring.
Assuming you’re skipping the beasts in the first room

Now i’m avoiding doing dungeon with Tyrannical because it’s way harder to complete than Fortified.
Being a healer, i just can’t follow the damages done at +6 by exemple, simple like that.
So of course, my gear will not upgrade because i do dungeons one week on two

Both affixes should be gone, it’s not a challenge but a mean to waste our time on something that shouldn’t.
I can’t count the number of time that my group disbanded while in Tyrannical because the boss is stupidly broken.

It’s several weeks now and blizzard do nothing to nerf where there’s a necessity.
In this case, nerfing Tyrannical and Fortified or remove them all together.

Doing dungeons is not fun anymore. At BfA at least, it was better.

I like fortified because it makes you respect the trash on tyrannical
Weeks, and I like tyrannical because it makes you respect the bosses in fortified week. Also, both give very different feels to the dungeons. As much as many of you think you don’t want affixes like this, the game would become very boring very fast if you were running the same dungeons over and over without to any new challenges week in and week out.

I would argue all the more reason to do it. Based off this logic, next week you would be a substantially better player because of your reps on a harder difficulty the week prior. You will be more valuable to your team, time more keys, get more loot, and be more powerful for the following tyrannical week. Glass is half full