Tyrande as the Night Warrior: Success or Failure?

More importantly, the Tyrande storyline is only continued for players who choose a specific covenant.

Are you stating that we deserve to be punished because we chose a faction which – only in your own supposition – is intended to be evil?

No the Horde player shouldn’t be, but that is how Blizzard has chosen to write the story. So I was making a joke that if you don’t want to be berated for being evil then the Alliance is waiting for you.

Also the Horde has always been “evil” they came through the portal hell bent on genocide (granted because of demon blood so we can’t fault them for that), but then they committed genocide on the draenei before that, and then since being reformed under Thrall have started a war with mass murder and genocide twice in the span of 4 years. Of the two factions Blizzard has definitely decided the Horde is the “morally grey” one, but Blizzard’s morally grey definition is closer to morally black.

1 Like

No they absolutely have not.
Novice.

1 Like

Eh, the trailers would make you think at least part of the Horde is evil. If you came to WoW without any previous knowledge of the game and only saw the WoW and TBC trailers, you would see a forsaken warlock clearly evil, a very savage screaming Orc and an elf chick being mean to a blue worm thing.

Horde has always been at least the edgy faction.

6 Likes

I don’t disagree. But if you want to tell me Wolverine is evil, that’s one hell of a hill to die on.

5 Likes

I don’t disagree with you either.

And I’m not saying Horde is evil, but it is the evil looking one at first.

The experience is different from someone with background knowledge and someone without.

And your comparison with Wolverine feels spot on with Orcs.

3 Likes

So coming through a portal hellbent on killing everything in your path isn’t evil? Okay. The Horde most definitely was evil up until W3.

I would say Horde from W3 - WotLK was straight up the best. They were the outcasts who wanted to survive, and were different. They weren’t evil, but they clashed with the Alliance views.

Post-WotLK the Horde doesn’t have much a leg to stand on as far as not being evil when they started 2 wars in the span 4 years, one involving mass murder and the other genocide.

4 Likes

I know you’re joking but I’m admittedly more than a little salty that if I want to play the concept of a good / misunderstood monster that I found appealing about the horde to begin with, the only good option at this point is alliance worgen. :confused:

3 Likes

You stated:

This is a lie. The Horde has not always been evil. It started out as evil. In Warcraft 1 it was literally Warriors of God vs demons. It has since been retconned and expanded upon.

The Horde has been heroic for a good portion of its existence.

1 Like

Agreed my friend. I miss how the Horde was from W3 - WotLK. I also wouldn’t even call the worgen misunderstood monsters… they have been defanged.

2 Likes

Since I know this was written with snarky tongue-in-cheek and was not serious, you get a response in kind.

Pft, you just want me on your faction so you can make fun of my transmog to me in-game and I’ll understand you.

Wolverine marks the advent of comics moving away from simple D&D designations of ethics and morality.

True. But ironically that somewhat plays into it because even the absolute nothing the race seems to get would be an improvement over the net negative I have now. I know that’s not a good thing from your point of view, but blah.

Probably residual salt from me spending all of werewolf month kvetching about them not going horde, lol. But it’s not like tauren can be mages (and they feel sullied by association now), pandaren don’t really have that visually dangerous look and I can’t stand the vulpera size/proportions/voices so I’m just sitting here waiting and hoping “maybe I won’t be disappointed for the 8th time in a row” when the next race options roll around.

1 Like

But your transmog looks cool.

You have a point.

3 Likes

Nah, not much luck with that here either. I would know. Having played through that dreadful heritage questline.

1 Like

I would hope not. Given that what both she, Malfurion, and Shandris have gone through, I would expect character evolution on all three.

Their evolution will be falling in line with Anduin’s ideals and beliefs. And they will like it!

I have given up on responding to people who are determined to believe that Blizzard is acting with a targeted animosity.

I don’t believe this. I just think they love Humans, especially the Wrynn family, and will throw everyone else under the bus to write the story (Alliance side at least) around them.

2 Likes