Tyrael's Charger... Now They are Crying

So about a month ago I was fighting the fact that the Fel Drake should’ve never been a Twitch Drop and that it was destroying WoW’s core which is… The reason why we play… To get items, titles, mounts, toys that eventually will be unavailable…

Well now guess what… Tyrael’s Charger is on the Store and I WILL BUY IT! I missed on this opportunity a while ago… But hey… Why? Nothing in WoW is legacy anymore.

8 Likes

I thought the reason we played was for the big ilvl and dps.

6 Likes

If the reason people are playing is FOMO, that sounds like the game needs to be redesigned anyway.

18 Likes

wow how cool dude we all care alot

7 Likes

as someone who has the mount already, i’m very happy for the players who missed it but really wanted it!

32 Likes

Playing for the Ilvl and DPS is pointless. Your gears and your level will always be obsolete in a couple of months/years. However prestigious mounts/titles/transmog will stay forever.

6 Likes

I already got it, and already I had whispers about how “i bet you bought that and didn’t get it in 2005”, loving the PvE player tears.

4 Likes

And then they can bring them back for others to get.

Yeah, no. If this is why you’re playing, you’re doing it wrong. Life, that is. Stop it.

1 Like

Tyrael’s Charger is about as prestigious as a participation trophy.

9 Likes

I don’t think you understand. You don’t need to be rank 1 to get something prestigious… The good ol’ saying “I was there” back in the day doesn’t mean ANYTHING anymore.

3 Likes

I for one don’t agree with Blizzard doing this crap. Most of the players cheering this move are players who didn’t have these mounts. If Blizzard wants to make mounts available, let them make new mounts. Stop stealing my thunder and my main reason for playing this game - which is collecting rare mounts. Hint - it’s not rare if you turn around later and hand the mount out like Sunday morning dinner.

2 Likes

What legacy was attached to Tyrael’s Charger? That you pre-ordered D3? Lol

8 Likes

You spent money.
It ain’t rare.

5 Likes

It looks like the new people in charge of WoW do not care about exclusive content or FOMO.

I for one am glad to see this change. Now bring back the Long Boi, please. It was dumb to remove it in the first place.

5 Likes

Wait - it’s in the store now!?

Sweet! That’s awesome! People that want the mount can get it now =]

I’ve had mine for a long time… and I’m happy for everyone else to get it now. Enjoy!

6 Likes

Imagine people being mad that players can get the same thing they have in a game. Sounds like a bunch of spoiled children to me.

This is coming from a person who owned the charger on day 1.

10 Likes

and it shouldnt? I was there back in vanilla and that means diddly squat to anything or anyone.

No. That is not how it was acquired.

The mount was part of the Annual Pass promotion in 2011/2012. If you agreed to pay your WoW sub each month for a year you got

• Tyreal’s Charger in WoW
  • Access to the MoP Beta in WoW
  • A free copy of D3

If those terms were not met during that year, the rewards were removed from the account.

This was the promotion

According to stats at the time, 1.2 million people got D3 through the promotion. Probably not all of them maintained that sub so may have lots the game and mount later.

7 Likes

Funny how you were up in arms over the Fel Drake but your tunes suddenly changed with the charger.

As an original owner of the Charger from back in MoP; I’m glad they’re removing FOMO from these types of things. Spectral Tiger next blizz!

9 Likes