Ty blizz for the policy update

We get it you disagree, that’s okay, I’m tired of arguing with your side because you refuse to see ours.

As with all things it will go underground and become more mafia like so

It’s really just targeting communities/organizations like Huokan that operate cross server and cross faction that have created their own boosting ecosystem where there are lists of customers buying boosts and Huokan in turn find players or guilds willing to deliver the service and take a cut of whatever the gold earned was. You’ll still see guilds and individual players advertising for carries, that’s been going on since Vanilla.

Free flowers mailed to you everyday, enough for 2 flasks, if you complete x y and z thing. Eso does that with materials and it’s nice. Fiance can’t farm stuff due to work all the time, and this allows him to have stuff.

I know there are mission boards but if people are like me with those, you forget about em for a month before checking them. Lol

So basically only the carrier and person being carried should be involved in advertising and gold handling

whys that so hard to get?

1 Like

No middle man to help organize moderate and now the guilds / friend groups have to advertise it themselves and people are mad cause the easy gold gravy train ran out. Give it a couple months (maybe 3) and it will all settle down. People will be onto the next big thing, whatever that may be.

So, am I allowed to advertise for my guild on our main server and other servers? Accepting gold on both servers?

Yup

don’t think so, if it’s not a connected server

Unless it’s a connected server, you might get into trouble

So guilds on smaller servers are going to have to move to the bigger servers if they want to earn some gold?

A lot of people want to know and I’m hoping for an answer to this:
It seems like you guys are defining “Boosting communities”, “Organizations” etc as something separate from “guilds / Individuals” —

So while “Boosting Communities” and “Organizations” cannot advertise / advertise cross-realm, “Guilds / Individuals” can –

In other words: Can my guild who is on the realm Illidan advertise that we offer boosts to players on realm Area52, take the gold on Area52, and then boost these people, and then later transfer the gold over in a guild bank - as guilds do already?

It would appear that this would only be disallowed if: Someone who is not apart of the illidan guild does the advertising & holding of gold — But if a player of Illidan Guild does it then it would be acceptable?

1 Like

Wait so how do these two statements not conflict? I love the more hardline stance in the link but it seems to contradict this response.

1 Like

Yeah, that appears conflicting, although he may be targeting advertisements specifically.

So if I have an alt on Tich for example and I want them to boost my main on Area52, if I go to Tich and request their service and pay using Tich gold, then they should be fine to boost my Area52 toon. Now, if they came onto Area52 and advertised, then that would be an issue.

Also, we need clarification on the meaning of “cross-realm”. I imagine this is more in-line with “realms not in your connected realm group”, I hope, especially since /2 is used for advertising.

Anyone from the CC able to post a response to Kaivax asking for clarification on the potential contradiction and clarification on the definition of cross-realm?

1 Like

As I understand it, posting this link should alert the CC OP for that thread?

Can you guys ask clarification between the two conflicting statements as I noted two posts above this one?

1 Like

Yeah im down

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate you guys putting the time in to try and help make the game better for all of us!

2 Likes

I explain my case, for a long time my push team and some colleagues played in a not so populated realm, compared to more populated realms, it is difficult for us to face such a high progress, generally what we did was go to a realm populated and offer our boosting service as a team for any key level. Does that mean that we can’t do this?, since between the 4 of us we collected gold and when we could we used a blizzard service either to move a bank or, failing that, we bought things there that we could sell in a not so populated realm. In this way we could face our gold expense either in consumable runes or boes for progression in our realm. It is clear that we advertise in those realms with a low level character, although in the same account we have our high level characters only in the less populated realm.

I would be very grateful if with this new policy, they invite us to move to more populated realms where we can have a more comfortable economy and leave the realms where there is not a good economy. Since if they prohibit us from generating gold in more populated realms through our services, they would force us to migrate to more populated realms.

1 Like

Would a trade chat server browser work well for this?

This is what you get when you do a half assessed rule change, tying boost to realms make 0 sense when “realm identity” hasnt been a thing in a long time, maybe for mythic raiding for the first 2-3 months until you can cross realm mythic raid, but you can already do everything else cross realm nowadays, the game has too many dead realms and this change will force even more guilds to swap horde and to the most popular realms.

Could you ask about “guilds” that are cross realm on that Council tread? … I got a bunch of friends from different realms i hang out alot through discord. If any of us, on our boosting beefy characters, happen to find a buyer, we can do it?

So the thing is advertisers can’t be level 10 banks on ghost accounts?

The issue of an unpopulated realm is that there is no economy, there is no supply or demand, that is, to obtain gold the only way would be to obtain the game’s own gold, and a guild that is oriented to be top in its realm does not have time to get gold from the game itself, in this aspect a populated realms or with more gold activity provides the support for a guild to progress, that is, there is no one to collect herbs or ores. Due to this many guilds of unpopulated realms offered their services through the communities and with the gold that the communities moved or even ourselves before the communities existed we could subsist, but by removing this any raid with high progress will want to move a realm populated to subsist. Unless there is a trade channel between realms or you can get the economy from more populated realms to more unpopulated realms. The only way out of the top guilds of unpopulated realms is to move.