TW's kicking that booty

I guess you’re SoL then lol :joy:

hence why I pooped myself LOL she slapped me like a rubber chicken insulted her mom.

Void Walker were the biggest issue imo. Tanks didn’t seem like they wanted to kite them. If they did they would retrigger the effect before it was completely off. I legit /sit While the healer is going nuts trying to heal the tank while nothing was dying because tank wouldn’t kite.

Yeah my arcatraz run was pretty brutal. It was a real slog this week.

First room the tank did not pull all the belves so the mobs kept spawning (wipe 1), then the tank kept over pulling until the voidwalkers which buffed themselves (wipes 2 and 3). Then we got another tank that followed mechanics, we still wiped on the giant eredar (wipe 4), the succubi (wipe 5), on a boss because the tank did not clear the room (wipe 6), and finally on some etherials (wipe 7).

During this TW the shattered halls came close to the difficulty, but it was far more manageable.

It’s the same story every time TW comes out for BC and there are 2 issues, one is that you must run mechanics and treat the dungeons like you did in the old days, so CC, no mass pulling, priority on what to kill and so on.

The other issue is that you can join at level 71 or something, which means anyone who joins before reaching max spells is not going to be of much use, DPS won’t hit to their full potential and will slow the run down, tanks will not be able to survive and healers will not keep up, it will all result in a bad run.

L2 CC / Thread

1 Like

lol this guy’s post history… what a peach.

Crusade ones are easy.

Not paying attention is bad.

1 Like

Truth hurts.

My DPS stinks, I did Black Morass and we were just barely able to down wave champions. My Azerite traits aren’t right (nor is at least one of my talents), but still being this bad at dps felt like old times when I’d just play whatever.

To get BM done we needed 2 tanks, 3 healers, and 5 dps (including me.)

We did only wipe the one time and have to reset, that was because first tank was having network issues or something, the portals were basically 3 dps with heals.

I enjoyed it. And no one freaked out, though for some reason others did leave the group.

I got in late on an Arcatraz, The Eredar demons were tough, but I remember them being scary on Heroic back in BC.

Brutality aside, they take so damn long now. Had to put Netflix on the other monitor just to keep from losing my mind last night.

1 Like

Magic damage mitigation nerf they put in place basically made TBC harder than necessary because a large chunk of it all is magic. Blizz didn’t think through their changes and their ripple effects…they never do.

My god people just do the mechanics and the mobs die so easily. Stop treating TBC dungeons like the rest of this game.

Yes… I know. That’s why I said it. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Response above me:

My response to that response:

Methinks you misinterpreted and missed the post above clarifying what I meant.

Yeah, they’ve been messing with tuning lately and not telling us.

It is pretty irritating.

To add to that, I used to LOVE timewalking. Ran them like crazy before they decided to completely change the way they worked for absolutely no reason. That was some time ago, and I notice more and more they keep turning up that tuning dial.

Now they’re borderline unbearable.

It isn’t the “difficulty” that bothers me, but the ridiculous amount of time it now takes to complete each dungeon.

2 Likes

The mechanicals in there have threat problems

i am having loads of fun tanking and healing these.

I fondly remember keeping track of a banish while I played russian roulette with a mob by fearing it and laying Curse of Recklessness when it got too close to another group for my liking. Hell I remember doing that and enslaving the little Gan’arg’s too in Mechanar.

wistful sigh

wistful sigh

Shadow Lab…pulls right before the MC boss…

Banish felhunter.
Enslave the succubus, use her to seduce one of the orcs.
Fear a second orc.
When second orc reaches max fear run distance fear a third orc.
Searing pain second orc a few times to get his attention and fear him when he starts to get close.
Searing pain third orc a few times to get his attention and fear him when he starts to get close.
Rinse, repeat until stuff starts to die.
Tank taunts orc two or three.
Break succubus seduction with searing pain and juggle that orc too. Set succubus to melee rando orc in the tank pile (she does a LOT of damage).
Weave shadow bolts into fear juggle rotation.
Tank takes one of the other orcs. Seduce the one that’s left.
Go into normal rotation on tank-pile.
Finish off seduced orc.
Kill succubus.
Move onto next pull.

CCing used to be a skill.

4 Likes