TW's kicking that booty

You wouldn’t believe what I went through trying to get Arcatraz done. Couple others seem unusually brutal too, even for TW.

5 Likes

How much of it is overtuning, and how much is players from today’s WoW not playing with the mechanics from BC’s time?

21 Likes

Before this week it was mostly player rust or inexperience that were setbacks for groups I’d get in but these past couple days… I dunno man, I swear that Arcatraz could stand to be taken down a bit.

2 Likes

BC week always kicks the butts of modern randos. It’s kind of funny.

You have to do some of the mechanics.

17 Likes

Like standing in the infernal’s meteor or turning the felguards away from the group so they don’t get hit with cleave!

It’s hilarious to watch people rage when they don’t do mechanics after you tell them to and then they die. :rofl:

14 Likes

Not to mention people trying to overpull and getting smashed by the mobs. lmao

9 Likes

Nah man we didn’t have the first problem with the Felguards. I’ve been pretty lucky with the groups these past couple days, no nubs to have to deal with really.

It just comes down to if you have people with some experience or not. But yes overall they’re all pretty much overtuned for what they are. There’s a reason the queue time is pretty long compared to what it used to be back in legion before they messed everything up with 7.3.5.

7 Likes

I haven’t done it yet this week, but assuming nothing has changed from the last time BC came around…

It isn’t exactly hard. In fact it is light years easier than it was when BC dungeons were current. There are just a couple mechanics in BC/(early)Wrath/Cata inside regular dungeons. There really haven’t been since MoP. People aren’t bad - they just aren’t used to having to pay attention to anything.

2 Likes

It’s 100% people not following mechanics.

11 Likes

That has been my exact take on TW’s too… until I did Arcatraz this week. Everyone in my group agreed it was tuned a bit tight and no one in there was bad. Several of us were vets from when it was current.

That’s what I’ve always said about TW’s too. Until now.

3 Likes

Agree!
Welcome to what us old salts had, back in the day!
These TWs, besides being a walk down memory lane, help underscore what we old-timers have been saying for years! THESE were the expacs that determined WoW’s reputation and attracted the greatest number of great players!
(…and more than enough creatures like me).
You wanted something, you went out and earned it!
If/when you got it, ooo the RUSH, the FEELS!
You TOLD THE WORLD and, nine times outta ten, the world CHEERED back!
Oh but those were the times!

Sighs as he sips dome herbal afternoon tea and lapses into memories

2 Likes

*tromps all over your lawn…

I have yet to run into such issue, but then again might be because one or two people that know where and what to do solves everything.

*ALL the garden Gnomes, that have been previously collected, come to life and go on the attack! A Warrior pounds on your hooves, a Mage sets your tail on fire etc…

Call them off!

*tries to leap away and gets Gnome tackled in mid air… (how’d they do that anyway?)

Get 'em off me!

So cute tho… if I die… at least… it’s from adorbs…

3 Likes

A Gnome Engineer fiddles with a device that levitates you off the property. The attacks cease and they all go back to their poses
There you go.
Now; be nice!
Flips hair

1 Like

I haven’t been having issues in TW dungeons at all, regardless of the era. I use Taregosa/MoP Cloak/WoD ring/2 Legion Leggos and they all tend to go pretty smoothly, and the groups in general seem to do all right. Just my experience, though. People may forget that legendaries and socketed items can go a long way in TW dungeons.

2 Likes

In order, none of it and all of it. BC expected you to use and respect CC. Cleave mechanics that ignore CCd targets was not introduced until the Wrath beta.

Kill order was also important back then. We used to mark everything, almost every pull. BC is the reason other MMOs released around the same time, like Wildstar and Rift, tended to include numerical and alphabetical marks instead of just colored shapes like in WoW.

I remember having a macro written for grouping when I tanked that laid out my standard marks for CC and kill order.

CC Priorities: Moon = 1, Triangle = 2, Star = 3
CC Preferences: Banish, Sheep, Trap, Sap, Roots (melee mob only), Repentance, Fear
Kill Order: Skull, Square, Circle, Moon, Star, Triangle
Plz fill CC priorities by first available preference.

I had group marks keybound in TBC. We used them that much.

4 Likes

If you don’t have group marks keybound and macros for raid markers you are a bad player. I did about a dozen TW dungeons yesterday and they were very, very easy.

1 Like