Twitter® Integration Removed from World of Warcraft®

Oh ok someone said something about that earlier I wasn’t sure if there was an additional change or what not. TY

Ehh yeah? for a useless feature? Absolutely.
Having a lot of resource/money doesn’t mean you have to spend it on useless stuff.
If it didn’t cost anything before there wasn’t any reason to remove it, its just pointless work.
But now, said pointless work will save them 10k a month, yeah do it for sure, that’s just good management.

Edit:
That must be some kind of record the speed at which your comments were rightfully moderated XD

2 Likes

This makes me sad. Ty.
:dracthyr_cry_animated:

3 Likes

For 10K a month you guys can just text me and I’ll throw it up on Twitter for ya, no biggie…

8 Likes

I don’t know for sure if that’s the reason, but that’s a thing that’s happening.

Gee go ahead and make 6.1 even more of a joke.

Yep and the price is obscene. If I remember correct it is like 10$ per 500 times accessing the API.

So imagine if every 500 twitter posts blizz had to pay 10$.
Yeah doesn’t sound TOO bad, until you realize how quickly that can get out of control, especially as players could just out of spite spam it.

1 Like

Musk proving he is in over his head.

13 Likes

Uh… no.

A patch that changes nothing isn’t inherently bad. The worst patch is the one that actively makes the game worse than it was before. Patches like 9.1, TOGC, etc are worse than the twitter patch because at least in the twitter patch I got to continue raiding glorious Blackrock Foundry, one of the best raids this game has ever seen.

It would be more then 10k a month for blizzard most defiantly if they set up for unlimited use.

Oh no! Anyway

2 Likes

At least they tried, they added something, good or bad. It’s up to opinion at this point. But when the only main feature of a patch is gone merely 8 years later, that’s just bad.

I used it a couple of times, when I got Invincible and the Timewalking Drake I definitely uploaded that to Twitter but never really used it otherwise.

1 Like

No.

It is better to do nothing than to make the game worse. We’ve suffered a number of content droughts and they’ve been fine when the content was good. The worst thing you can do to WoW is make it worse by adding new bad content that makes older good content obsolete.

I cannot see this without thinking Jeremy Clarkson :smiley:

1 Like

No it’s not when the quality of content is entirely subjective.

1 Like

Nah, 6.1 is worse than ToC, 9.1, and the like in every conceivable way.

It was advertised as a major content patch and added nothing to the game. As good as BRF was as a raid, 6.1 adding nothing to the game whatsoever singlehandedly killed WoD. It was a full-price expansion that was devoid of content for the majority of its lifespan and that was literally given up on by Blizzard. WoD gets too many free passes around here and the geniuses behind 6.1’s major features being the Selfie Camera and Twitter integration should never be allowed to live it down.

3 Likes

Even Elon didn’t like patch 6.1 :rofl:

That’s all this sentence needed.

Mmm… BRF.

When we getting BRF timewalking raid?

I didn’t even know this was a thing.