Twitter® Integration Removed from World of Warcraft®

Over the next two days, we will update World of Warcraft® to remove the integrated Twitter® posting feature. After this small update, the function to Tweet from in-game will no longer be available, and the settings which store your Twitter credentials will no longer appear.

This will not require any action by players.

All trademarks referenced above are the property of their respective owners.

32 Likes

Interesting change did folks use the twitter integration? I never did

16 Likes

Didn’t even care to briefly explain the reason.

22 Likes

I mean, if it wasn’t being used might as well cut it off. I didn’t use it and I don’t think I knew anyone that used it.

7 Likes

Twitter api changes over this past week.

Also we can’t meme on the game about patch 6.1 twitter integration anymore after 8 years.

18 Likes

Never used it a single time and forgot it even existed so nothing was lost.

22 Likes

This was a thing? Damn if Asmon knew he would have saved time!

3 Likes

What changes did they make to the API?

It’s because they are charging 10k a month for 3rd party access to the Twitter API, not because of Elon Must. jfc

10 Likes

they’re cutting it off because like 2 people use it and they’re not paying for the now charged-for API for that feature, it doesn’t have to be political, touch some grass brother

13 Likes

Last I checked you have to pay for api access with the new changes. Effectively killed off all 3rd party clients.

3 Likes

Ah got you

Probably has something to do with a twitter policy change.

What’s the policy change? I don’t keep up with any of that stuff. I just go on twitter for photography and art lol

And with that, the literal only thing Patch 6.1 ever contributed to this game is no longer a thing, solidifying 6.1 as the worst patch in WoW’s history.

(I know that this is because of the Twitter API change, but I’ll take any opportunity to clown on Patch 6.1)

9 Likes

This feature has been around since WoD, four expansions ago…

It was pointless then, and suddenly it’s an issue now?

Nah dude, I ain’t the one needing to touch grass boyo,…

1 Like

$10k/mon is a problem because it was free before so there was no harm in leaving it in lol

don’t blame them for saving $10k/mon on a feature no one used

again, touch some grass brother

9 Likes

So all of WoD was for nothing?!??!

9 Likes

I know there was talk about converting some of twitter’s APIs to being paid access, and I don’t think that the twitter is used enough to justify paying.

1 Like