Twisting corridors help

Anyone have tips and tricks for twisting corridors? Currently I’m 190 ilvl or so on this toon (alt becoming main) and I got to the 16th floor on layer 2 and the end mob was all but 2 shotting me as unholy and frost.

Is there a spec that shines the most? Abilities that shine more? I’m at a loss and just want to progress.

Design your build exclusively with the last boss in mind. The power that gives you increased damage when you death coil yourself during lichborne is the best power you can get. Don’t forget to get some health too.

Go as blood, it is much easier.

I was afraid the lack of dps would be a huge issue

Play as blood.

Lichborne fires death coils - YES
Lich robes x 5 - YES
Death Strike dmg +75% x3 - yes
Death Coil adds DoT - Yes
Monstrous concoction (150% damage increase for 60 seconds)

Secret spice - easy to 100% in TC
Extra +15% health when you can
Death strikes returns 10% over 5s x 3
Break pots rewards runeforges is quite nice. Double stoneskin gargoyle is a beast.
If you find the ability - All strikes can only deal 25% of your max health - TAKE IT IMMEDIATELY.

Ability that restores health to full at 20% is nice, but a 1 off, take if it’s the only good option.

Plan out ravenous anima cell - i carried at least 1 in case soulforges came up to completely negate it. The other buffs aren’t all that great. Archers than can give 10-20% main stat are nice, but depending on how much phantasma you have. Not needed.

DnD gives extra damage or -damage or haste is quite nice, especially on a DS/DC lichborne build.

Buy smoke bombs to use on final boss.
Try to start with the tower debuffs that spawn enemies as this does not buff bosses or enemies in the tower.

But with all that, you easily do 75k on the final boss even on higher layers. Lower layers even 3/4 of these make them fairly easy.

Like the last gal said.
You can reset until you get Lichborne as your first upgrade.
You can also reset until you get a debuff “spawns a mob if you do nothing” as these debuffs don’t really scale to make you suffer in the later levels, if you’re really lucky you’ll get 2 of those.
If you have the option to get more health, you should probably get that.

TC is much more fun with friends. :blush:

I completed layer 8 as a BDK with an Arms Warrior and a Spriest. If you DO go with friends, Chains of Anguish x3 + Unbreakable Cuffs x3-4 can make an entire room of trash die in 6 seconds flat.

On Ravenous Cells:

If you’re in Mort, use on any Deadsoul to get an anima power that negates the pool effect’s dmg.
If you’re in a section where skeletons are running around, use it on the floaty necromancers to get x10 more phantasma from skeleton kills.
Soulforges, use on fire mage dudes for fire dmg reduction.
If you use it on the Fae you can get a permanent out of combat speed boost - which is more a fun perk if you don’t like being slow.

I did blood. Got a lot of what you said, got some others as well, that was insane. Currently on layer 5 not breaking a sweat once the ball gets rolling.

I never expected the dps to get that high lol

I go as blood. You can get some really good dps abilities in there so its not as bad as you think.

I can’t wait till chains buffs physical damage. It’s gonna be NUTS.

Vamp blood Str buff
Chains Phy damage buff
DS 75% damage X3
60ish souls
monstrous concoction

It should really be fun.

Can some one tell me the point of twisting corridors ? Only did it once , floor 18 or something and couldn’t kill the last boss . If I did would I of got something ? I don’t do it , because what’s the point ? Do you even get soul ash ?

Did layer 1-6 alone and 7,8 with a group and it defiantly felt like it was something meant to do with a party

Layer 1 is essentially for the quest, and iirc a pet or something every few layers.

No soul ash is rewarded at any point ( beyond the intro questline )

The final reward is a Maw Mount, which can be made by farming mats now, not sure how long the farming takes. A full TC of no failures is about 12+ hours to finish layer 1 through 8. Best to break it up into pieces because it gets tiresome quickly.

Haven’t tried it since DK’s abilities got the nerfhammer fairly badly in 9.0.5, but prior to it, solo TC as a moderately geared BDK wasn’t terrible.

Completing level 8 gives you a mount rideable in the Maw that all alts can use… so yes, kinda good to suck it up and do it.

I go as frost. I take all health and healing I can get. I also take the food that heals you so much per second on the ones that gives you a dot to counter it some.

1 Like

Have done it both pre and post changes as UH and frost. The bottom line is HP. The late levels will hit you for 100k plus with IBF running. I don’t even feel comfortable with less than 250. The easiest build for any spec is Lichborne Coil Spam with monstrous concoction (not nearly as strong after the changes but still a huge boon) stacks and Lich Robes and as much HP and defensive buffs you can find. Look for Mind Freeze cd reduction and the power that gives you IBF when you mind freeze. If you get lucky you can also pick up the epic power with the dmg/stun and lock everything down. The changes to chains makes frost feel SUPER strong if you get it early.

But … yah … HP everytime.

1 Like

Yeah, TC is pretty fun due to the massive amounts of buffs you get by the end. I don’t feel any “nerf” at all. If anything I feel stronger after the 9.0.5 changes. I have the layer mount and its really nice to be able to mount in the maw.

Yesterday I ran with a group and got a new ability to get a skeletal every time I death grip any thing and mixed that with an ability to have 3 charges of death grip plus reset every time I grip a maw rat. It was great having 6-8 mages with me at once. Torghast is truly a fun and exciting part of the game for me.

1 Like

I would recommend fishing for Soulforges as your first wing, the Debuff becomes a nonissue at floor 4, just got to remember to pick up the Ravenous Anima Cell and use it on one of the fire casters or fire elementals to get Flamestarved Cinders. I got lucky on my Layer 8 run and got 2 soulforges back to back as well as 2 Tremorbeasts, absolutely breezed through it.

can you use any mount in the maw or just that one you unlock?

This is a supremely bad idea.
Get one of the wings that spawns stuff out of combat. Starting with any other wing on layer 4+ is pointless self sabotage.