Twinks still a HUGE problem

Ok, was that aimed at you?

No I said he was probably banned for twinking antics, which I’m sure I was completely correct about.

Sure but this wasn’t the issue in contention.

Nope.

This does not disprove my original statement.

It was aimed.

But not at you.

Either way, if that’s what you honestly feel is the proper course of action.

No it was directed at me, considering I took an opposing position. If you don’t want insults hurled, don’t do it yourself. Besides it doesn’t look like it did very much harm at all. Look at us responding and quoting each other with civility. Miracles truly are possible.

Good god man, are you really refusing to admit any error?

I fully admit I was partly wrong. I thought he was lying, I was presented with info that he was not, so I amended my position. Something you claim you would do if more info came out… yet here you are digging your heels in.

By that last line it’s pretty clear you think his ban was intentional and warranted by Blizz… it obviously was not seeing as it was overturned within a day. Is it really so bad to admit a mistake?

It actually wasn’t directing that at you… or anyone in particular. It was a broad statement directed towards everyone in the original post.

TBH i don’t really care all that much. I see what Grey is getting at, and I admire his mission to civilize (even tho attempting to civilize the internet is a bit quixotic IMO), but for me personally I couldn’t care less what you call me. Disingenuous arguments, cherry picking, logical fallacies, those kind of things are what gets under my skin, if you wanna throw around personal attacks feel free. I just ignore them.

1 Like

never hold back the flex

Sounds like they are doing their part to balance rbgs so alliance have a chance at winning. BGing to lvl essentially has always been dominated by horde. When I personally was lvling id deal with twinks all the time. My first instinct isnt to complain to blizz. Clearly that doesnt work nor have i tried reporting anyone. WHY? because those people are who gave me the thick skin to make my own toons to counter them. I never made a twink to “stick it to tourists” simply to enjoy a dead bracket with other players who spent months if not years creating their toon how they wanted it. Thats the competition i enjoy and same for most twinks id say. The issue of separating bgs isnt that we refuse to fight each other, its theres such a small population if you believe that twinks get ques you clearly dont have one. Therefore, my previous comment on git gud only means that if youre upset instead of hoping a GM will save all the snowflakes, strive to be better at your toon. Perhaps work with your teamates better. Or better yet save bgs for the “balanced 120s”

I know you might think that sounds nice or noble, but it doesn’t. That you have to make a twink to counter a twink is precisely what makes levelling via BGs infeasible. Now that the brackets are separated again, it’s great! Most of the time, anyway. There are times when twinks use said exploit (like a poster above I actually faced in the 70-79 bracket several times in a row) queue constantly and essentially trash the experience single-handedly.

When after the third time my default is “Okay, just not gonna queue anymore for this bracket”, then I log out because levelling new alts is all I felt like doing, is that not doing more harm than good? For many people, levelling with BGs is also a means of dipping your toes into the PvP experience with a class you’ve not tried before getting thrown into the thick of it at max level.

There is no defending those that use this exploit. It is an exploit.

5 Likes

You don’t have to make a twink to counter a twink.

:woman_shrugging:

I have a twink, but I’ll take your word on that.

1 Like

I haven’t twinked since Cata but I also haven’t had an issue with twinks ( outside of a few pesky DKs/Warlocks/Hunters in the 111-119 bracket ) that wasn’t related to class balance.

1 Like

Not very smart tbh. PvP at max is very different to low level in that low level class balance is not good.

Surely we must set the rule upon your supposed experience. It’s not hard to find screenshots of twinks doing multiplied times the damage as the rest of their team before and after the separation.

Okay? That’s still the way it is. You learn as you go, whether it’s PvE, PvP, or anything else. Might as well start with PvP when you have fewer abilities and everyone else does, too.

2 Likes

It’s fine to level through BGs, but not to expect much fairness is my point. Even without twinks, low level BGs are a mess.

Being a twink is all based on damage? Well hell, guess my 63 BM Hunter is a twink!

https://i.imgur.com/PgXunQo.jpg

3 Likes

Sure, but even if you’re an inexperienced player against an experienced one, adding on gear disparity just makes it that much worse. If you’re levelling, chances are you’re just in questing greens and heirlooms. If you’re a twink, you’re in purples, enchanted, gemmed (in some brackets), and optimised to the best of your ability.

Pile on that, as a twink, your experience is off and so you have an eternity to gear up.

Twinks are exploiting to get into BGs =/= “All classes should be equal”. I’ve been around a long time. Arcane mages are OP as crap. That sucks, but it’s not even close to the problem a twink poses if they exploit into your BG. I feel like you know that, though.

3 Likes

That is a very good point.

If you are using low lvl PvP to determine how a class plays in PvP at max level, you’re gunna have a bad time. I think most folks know that too. This thing of “low lvl bgs are for new PvPers to try it out” is a red herring IMO, people who have played the game for a while but not tried PvP would try it on one of their max level toons that is probably decked out in PvE gear. Sure there may be your occasional totally new player who is trying out PvP for the first time while the level, but totally new players are few and far between. Most people in low level bgs are just there to break up the monotony of the questing/dungeon grind.

5 Likes

Yea, basically what I hear about low levels.