Twin Consorts Lore change

The Horde didn’t take any Night Elves as slaves during the War of the Thorns, so I don’t know where you got that from. Sylvanas burned Teldrassil, and committed genocide. Where is the slavery?

5 Likes

Women shouldn’t be property.

It changes absolutley no lore by removing sex slavery from the Wacraft universe. This universe is not dependant on sex slavery in lore.

12 Likes

How about automatons? They were specially created, they are the continuation of someone else’s will. It is not clear why separation by appearance is necessary … Am I capable of independent reproduction or are they all designed?

Only women? Or does it apply to all people?

5 Likes

My confusion is why not just change them to be the Twin Queens and explicitly note that they are his wives instead of the weird trophy description.

Empyrean just sounds like someone trying to be fantasy without even looking at the Mogu lore.

5 Likes

I know you are just saying that to incite a reaction from me Shern. But I would like to direct you to the comment I made the other day in GD where I also said Aethas being suggested as being used as a sex slave should also be removed so, clearly for me the rules apply to both genders.

5 Likes

Empyrean means “heavenly” it’s not wierd for the Mogu. In this regards thier status is less about sex/marriage and more about social/religious status.

They are divine beings, and that fits better with Mogu lore. Lei Shen thought he was the God of Thunder but he was just stealing Ra-den’s Titanic power.

3 Likes

The reactions to that thread I made made me feel terrible. Even some of the people I’ve seen defending other changes, were okay with that one, and thought it was funny. I may need a break from this forum, or at least I can stay here.

1 Like

To me it just reaffirms what I already knew about this forum. It’s not just you. I came into this forum with high expectations too.

It’s a sad truth, don’t give any of these people any credit or respect. Many of them are not worth it.

Especially that Tree guy who has wierd “breeder” kinks. Are we all supposed to just coddle his gross kinks all the time? His thread about Tyrande “needing to have a baby to prove herself” was gross.

6 Likes

Not sure where you are getting divine from on them. Is that just a weird description of their abilities rather then an implication of their actual characters?

1 Like

Do you look at them and only see thier value relating to them being sex slaves?

They can’t possibly be just two formidable warriors?

Odd ad hominem, but no. Now will you tell me where you got divine from them?

2 Likes

They were once Titanforged for starters. Is that not enough?

Ah i remember this.
Thanks for reminding me is the same dude.

3 Likes

I mean, so were the earthen, the metal vrykul, and a number of other races we have either fought against or fought for. ‘Divine’ doesn’t really seem an apt description of the Titanforged.

1 Like

Lengthy two cents from overseas:

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlore/comments/pt8qwe/how_nowempyrean_twins_were_bodyguards_and_not/

https://twitter.com/KiraserHQ/status/1440686971228016648

3 Likes

I wasn’t even posting here when that happened. Big yikes.

4 Likes

This game is about war between good a bad. We good team kick bad enemies and save the world. So there must be things like slavery in the Warcraft universe! Because this makes us as heroes when we defeat all those evil leaders and by making those slaves free.
And yes, those changes in lore make a lot of differences in how we see this universe.

From the war game with dark demons, slavery, heroes and e.t.c game transforms in to the game of the flowers and ponies…

2 Likes

You can roleplay as the savior of women on your own without dragging everyone else into your sexual fantasies.

We actually don’t “liberate the consorts from the evil emperor.” We kill them, because they are accomplicies to him.

Opening this can of worms and making it all about sex and sexual power balance or even simply opinions on sex, is why it was likely removed in the first place.

3 Likes

Incorrect.

Perhaps speak for yourself. I see the lore in the same way. It isn’t a big deal.

2 Likes

It’s an odd change but it’s clear that Acti-Blizz is going scorched earth on anything they can in game to try and foster some good will while not actually doing much for the IRL complaints against them for pst mistakes and policies.

It’s a change that doesn’t really effect anyone, but by that same token it wasn’t exactly necessary either - but what’s important is if it serve as red meat to distract the lions.

4 Likes