Turning off Player EXP in TBC Classic

Introduce the NPC to allow players to turn off exp gains.
This will allow people who want to continue their level 60 characters but within the TBC (2.4.3) Enviroment.
New talents, redesigned classes/specs brings new life into the ‘Vanilla’ game and breaks up old stale metas.

10 Likes

I’d been thinking about this one. Even though the XP off NPC wasn’t introduced until WotLK, it was still possible to run Vanilla only by refusing to buy TBC but still paying the sub. Because TBC will only require a sub and not an upgrade fee, perhaps we should have the XP off NPC added.

12 Likes

Imagine if people simply waited for Wrath to play Wrath.

8 Likes

would be pretty cool to raid 60 content in the 2.4.3 patch

TBC Pre-patch will please you then.

1 Like

nah will be too busy getting my alts hwl gear and leveling a paladin to 60 to bother with raiding in prepatch. It would be cool though to have the prepatch era suspended somewhere and raid with the new meta whenever we wanted

This is my Numero Uno #someochangeo wish.

3 Likes

I support this change and even brought it up myself in the past.

Maybe have some restrictions though. Twinking would be off the charts if this were introduced and could change some early level gameplay quite a bit.

2 Likes

Agreed. But only if battlegrounds weren’t split into the 2 options.

1 Like

Not sure I agree this. Nothing is worse than being a level 18 or 25 or 33 and going into a BG that is being camped by professional twink characters. It is discouraging, exhausting and demoralizing.

I prefer the choice to keep twinks in their own BGs and let them beat each other up. If you wanna twink, then accept that you will be put into BGs with Twink only players.

3 Likes

Battlegrounds do not give XP in TBC. That means a pro twink is going to be able to stay there forever anyway.

I understand this, but the effort of twinking is kind of difficult.

To get bis twink pieces you usually have to farm them without going over your intended level cap, or by purchasing them off the AH. To remove that fear of leveling too high while searching for your pieces would make twinking a more common practice.

Most players are against the idea of playing against a twink at all considering the amount or unfair cheesing that has to go into such a feat. However if they were to add the xp off feature they could the similar thing in retail where they’re queued into their own “twink” bg bracket

Lets keep all that retail nonsense out of TBC.

1 Like

I personally find it hilarious. People get so mad.

Make it so you can only turn xp off at 60. That will prevent every bracket from being full of twinks. People who want to play at 60 but in 2.4.3 can do so. The number of people who do will be really small. I don’t think this is much of an issue

I like this. We had a guild on my old TBC server which just didn’t level up past 60 (not buying or not activating TBC). They raided it all. Would be fun for them, don’t see the harm. Not the same as the vanilla forever server as the talent trees are changed.

1 Like

Exaclty and make 60 its own bracket. So you have 50-59, 60, 61-69, 70. If you really don’t want to play with twinks it’s only 1 level.

Very good point and I agree with your logic.

It would make sense to allow a level 60 xp lock (but not apply it to all levels).

I actually did do level 60 BGs (AV mostly) in TBC. It was a lot of fun.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. I’d turn XP off and get full BiS through dungeons and then turn XP back on and destroy non twinks. TBC didn’t have XP gained in TBC so doesn’t matter

Ah, did not realize there is no XP in TBC BGs. So twinking in the regular BGs will be a thing regardless.

Ok…