Turn Villain: Murozond is really more powerful than the awaken Galakrond?

The Titans didn’t fight Galakrond, only their keepers, which are far weaker.

One thing to note is that Galakrond fought the protodragons, not the empowered Aspects, another is that Murozond isn’t a one to one with Nozdormu, as seen by the fact that he was powerful enough to seal his past self from entering The Endtime (even as a echo like the Shadow of Xavius).

Murozond is Nozdormu without any of the restraints of being the Aspect of Time, he could simply freeze Galakrond in temporal space for all eternity, go back in time and kill him shortly before he got so large, etc (these are things a sane Nozdormu would not do due to them being against his oath to preserve the timelines).

1 Like

Nozdormu says: At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm.

Nozdormu says: Still, in time, I will… fall to madness. And you, heroes… will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes.

Nozdormu says: What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that we survived to fight another day.

Nozdormu turns away from where Murozond died and looks up at the Hourglass of Time.

Nozdormu says: All that matters… is this moment.

It not an echo it is Murozond in all his power, which he used to still find away to stop us from killing him. We do not just stop a shadow of him, we kill him at this point and time Nozdormu saw this himself, which is what drives him to madness. This fate has to happen in order for Murozond to exist in the future. It is a causality effect that something has happened, or is happening, based on something that has occurred or is occurring. Murozond has to be killed at this point that way he could eventually be created to die at this point again.

1 Like

One thing to note, is that Murozond exists outside of time, we kill one specific instance of him. Like Xehanort from Kingdom hearts or Reverse Flash from DC.

Murozond is nozdormus It doesn’t make sense if blizz puts murozond as the only villain, I think that the role of villain should be distributed like this if he fails it’s not his fault

Kill just an aspect can lead to a rippling effect that reverberates through all points in time. It taking a mirror than folding it in on it self, which creates and endless number of versions of it self. However, if you make a crack on just a single mirror they all now share same crack.

Even if we kill just one point in time if Murozond was destined to die at that point than that would carry over to all versions. If Murozond doesn’t die than Nozdormus would not have anything to fear, and have a cause to go mad.

1 Like

Exactly, being a living time paradox practically makes Murozond immortal, like Reverse Flash from DC. The only way to really “kill” Murozond is to ensure Nozdormu doesn’t see that point in time and go mad.

We don’t even have to use Murozond, any of the Aspects could probably kill Galakrond: Alexstrasza routinely destroys Undead with Red dragon fire, Ysera could just put him to sleep and kill him then (as was the original plan the first time to kill Galakrond in his sleep), Nelfarian (Deathwing) could crush him with the earth or smother him out in lava, Malygos could drain the magic from him or just transmorph him into something else, etc.

If Murozond is the final boss of Dragonflight that he would have to be a variant of the one we kill in Endtime. A version that is either a the start of his corrupttion or somewhere in the middle. However, he can not be killed beforehand otherwise it would cause a paradoxical future where he dies before he can create the Infinite Dragonflight, which would then effect all other timeline that they had a hand in.

The Infinite Dragonflight meddling in the timeline has caused some events to occur differently than they were intended. With out their influences many characters might not exsist.

Murozond power comes from him being a temporal nexuses that has to exists and be able to continue until a fix point in time or the risk of having the timelines be tirn apart.

2 Likes

We witnessed and in story caused the death of Murozond in End Time, we know the “loop is closed” according to Nozdormu’s speech, but what we have yet to witness that must come to pass at some point in the future is the turning of Nozdormu to Murozond.

We have no idea when this event happens in time, maybe the seeds of this event were planted when he witnessed his “death” in End Time which eventually will cause him to fall into madness thus sustaining the loop.

If it follows time logic, what happened, happened and always happened and no matter the attempted meddling could not happen any other way and if meddling succeeds then it always succeeded and was always a part of the past creating the existing current future.

He was charged with protecting the timeways and making sure things happen as they should…they did…he was destined to become Murozond before he was even chosen to watch over time, he was always going to become Murozond, he was always going to create the infinite dragonflight, they already existed in the future and thus he always kept the “correct timeway” intact…whether he wanted to turn into Murozond or not, whether we try to stop him from changing or not, he was and always became Morozond.

For all we know, after Nozdormu becomes Murozond, he lives and attempts to meddle(but not really because what he does always happened and could never happen any other way, his meddling was always a part of time/effect) for thousands and thousands and thousands of years before we see him in End Time, what we encounter in DF might(and should be) just be baby stage Murozond and we shouldn’t be able to kill him because we do that in End Time…but maybe he uses his time powers and stops Galakrond from dying and we end up facing off against him…

As confusing as it may be, Galakrond did die how he did, and his bones were in dragonblight, but in the future Murozond does go back to stop his death and hide him from the world until the correct time to unleash him. “Time is a flat circle”. His death was real, when it happened, but when time caught up to present his death was prevented…

Deep thoughts…

We shall see what happenes…in time…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Murazond was more old shenanigans.

Galakrond has been dead for almost as long as this planet has been ordered by the titans. Can we stop resurrecting villains to fight, please.

1 Like

The answer is no, we always be the heroes of Azeroth and I hope we never end the villains of wow

Thats right, in the dungeon we face what could be. We faced Baine, Jaina, and Sylvanas in there. Not what is, its what could happen.

1 Like

Well I mean we could still save Nozdormu when you think about the larger scope of it all – There’s various timelines, so the Murozond we defeated could had been another Nozdormu from an alternate timeline who’s Nozdormu became Murozond & was banished to ours to protect their own (Introducing WoW’s Phase Four - The multiversal shenanigans :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ).

— Additionally the Infinite Dragonflight are kind of set on breaking time, even if it was ours if we managed to save him, it’d create a paradox - and Moruzond becoming a paradox would be a bittersweet victory. Nozdormu would be saved, but a crack in time was inflicted due to the consequences of such - Unravelling time with a victory, with threats yet to come from those actions …

The story potential is limitless. One might even say …

:smiling_imp: INFINITE!

1 Like

No we do not. Blizz did not confirm who the villain of DF was.

Im not sure what relevance your question has. Is Dragon A bigger and meaner than Dragon B? Possibly. But if Dragon A is not going to be the villain of Dragonflight, isnt it rather irrelevant?

I like your opinion that it would cause the multiple facet

1 Like

I wish they would just write out their story and then stick to a single set of cannon lore.

I really don’t want to have Danuser retcon, recontextualize, and reimagine all the dragon lore that Richard Knaack and Metzen developed.

1 Like

100%.

I was so mad with the retcons and garbage storytelling they’d done with the scope of Shadowlands. They ruined so much good storylines, where they could had just rode on the already developed Shadowlands lore and simply built on it.

Big bad villain could had been a concordance of terrible beings trying to slip through the cracks to be revived back into reality, then have the dramatic twist that although we stopped the army of X terrible beings, we trembled the Shadowlands causing a large mass to be poured into reality - bringing into the fold, many beings that were humble, bad and good into the world for a second chance … whether it be for life, glory, revenge, ruin, devastation or the unfathomable chaos of likes we’re yet to see … however, and to quote Gul’dan when talking to Grommash —

:rage: “And instead, you chose … This!? – You have no vision!”

If you didn’t know danuser is not going to be the narrative director of dragonflight they just moved him to a position where he is not blamed for the expansion

Oh I know their hiring for it, but Danuser is almost certainly the writer for DF, at least up to now. I would imagine things would change should they bring in someone else, but I don’t think that happened yet did it?