Turn Discipline back into a shield spec

We do not have a real shield or proactive healing spec in the game, well not a strong one. Disc was much more fun when it served that purpose.

4 Likes

Um disc is totally proactive… Holy is reactive. Disc is the best burst healer in the game.

There are threads that ask for this. post your comments there

It is not like it was in WoD. We provided shields and did not have to worry about putting atonement which is way to complicated. Disc priest should deal damage that heals allies, provide shields, very strong ones at that, and lack most direct heals and passive heals. We should not have to worry about other party members being hit with a short buff to heal though. Discipline should be very simple. Deal damage, shield, and damage heals as well without keeping track of a meaningless buff. Also larger and more shield spells with lower CD’s. 20 seconds max.

3 Likes

We know. The ones against the WoD disc were there too and i think the ones for it forget we were there and we still prefer the current state of play

Thats why we have holy.

Thats subjective and there is a mass of logs to show it can and is being done so it cant be that complicated now can it? Im not sure what is complicated with pws *10, pwr *2, evang and dps. Sounds pretty simple does it not?

You can save your energy, they wont do it. They realised what a cluster F@@@ it was bringing SS back and it got nerfed as a result.

We will now wait for the WoD disc for life brigade to charge in and call me an elitist mythic raider, scum of the earth :slight_smile:

It does not heal for near enough. Disc should be strong in both direct heals and putting up shields. They should also be able to dps as well as shadow does.

Ok alice we are now in wonderland.

Cant take any of your points seriously now that you have said that. You either know sweet fa or are trolling. Not sure which. Let someone else deal with you.

Caps your more patient, tag you in

What is wrong with being able to dps as well as shadow at a base level and not be as strong with direct heals?

edit: You obviously do not play a priest.

/mind blown away

1 Like

Just because you are a priest does not mean you play one properly. Discipline sucks atm and is far to complicated. Our heals do nothing and reaching around all over the keyboard for different hotkeys just to do damage and heal sucks.

2 Likes

you scare me lol im sorry i have to let caps deal with this. He is the nice one. or Thelarias

Having a healing spec that does just as good damage as a damage spec would not work at all. They’d be required for raiding and make shadow obsolete. It’s really not a doable thing

You know that pw:shield is our top healing spell in dungeon right now right?

Otherwise, we have 2 of the strongest ‘dirrect heals’ in the game in penance and shadowmend.

If you want to play whack a mole in raid, there are other specs that do that better, including our own holy.

Honnestly, I don’t know why you guys want a version of holy that spams pw:shield… I’m grateful that disc is totally different than holy in every possible way, makes for a more interresting class overall.

2 Likes

I want to sit back and shield and do lots of damage and not have to worry about anything.

Just have shadow do even more damage and shadow word death kill anything instantly save bosses, almost infinite uptime on void form, every spell instant cast etc. Then shadow would be a true dps class.

You can do that with fistweaving. And it’s quite boring imo…

Real monks do not fistweave. We act as single target healers.

Yeah im def sensing trolling here

1 Like

I had a shower thought the other day that it might be cool if disc had light spells that were all mitigation and shadow spells that were all burst healing, and they had to switch back and forth via some mechanic.

But in any case I’m excited to try DF disc because the stance switching kind of scratches this itch for me.

You’re eating all the bait my friend.

1 Like

Discipline is already required for raiding, and Shadow is already obsolete.