T_T Why Alliance so mean?

Idk, I’ve jokingly said it to people I know, but I haven’t encountered it on Alliance when I was alliance. After having swapped to horde, I see more “F the alliance” and similar points, usually it is ‘competitive’ i guess. I have no idea though, I don’t take it to heart. The first week of cross-faction M+, we got some alliance, a shaman dwarf who referred to us as “Horde try-hards.” I guess it was a compliment, I didn’t put too much thought into it.

1 Like

This is the sort of situation where it seems definite to me that the actual factions, playable races, gameplay styles, or whatever else that are being lauded or bashed are ultimately irrelevant.

Some people build and reinforce their sense of self mostly by hating something that isn’t them. They need a this-that, us-them divide to buy into, and which one they pick doesn’t have to be based on values or reality or even consciously made decisions. Sometimes it ends up being factions in World of Warcraft.

Why do you keep doing it?

Those are terrible experiences. I’m sorry you had them. I’ve had extremely similar ones on both factions, and I just don’t think it’s true that it’s consistently more common on one or the other.

Horde scum.

1 Like

That can’t happen anymore unless they have multiple bnet accounts. When you ignore one toon, you ignore the whole account.

3 Likes

I love the Races and the Lore , i mean the alliance cities are Beautiful, so i keep going back and i keep telling myself i was just unlucky and it wont always be toxic…then its toxic… and i go right back to the horde i think my priest and hunter have had their faction changed like 20 times each maybe more, due to i get tired of how i get treated and move them back horde, but then the alliance stuff is so pretty and i want to be able to play around in the alliance cities, so i go back then get attacked then pay to go back to the horde…wow i just realized how much money i am wasting going back and forth.

Done that 4 times for 13 toons. Pretty sure I covered a salary for at least one dev tbh.

exact opposite experience.

2 Likes

LOL at least i am not alone, The alliance does have pretty cities though i LOVE Kul Tiras its my favorite map in the game spend a lot of time there.

Happens on both sides

I guarantee you that if i login right now on my horde holy paladin with the same name and same ilvl i will not become a different “non alliance” person

People play both sides. Absolutely ridiculous to say one faction has more jerks than another when jerks exist everywhere equally

3 Likes

Literally the reason i dont play horde. Org and UC trigger my OCD.

It’s possible, but I’ve encountered it across multiple servers. WRA, MG, ED, Thrall, Tich, Arthas, Bleeding Hollow, list goes on. I’ve done a good deal of PVE and PVP pugging so I’ve personally dealt with people from across all the servers.

Agreed, and I think their T-mog looks better. I preferred ashenvale and other places like Darnassus. My druid was a nightelf, but all my friends either quit shadowlands or went to horde… so i kinda had to accept those consequence tbh. But I’ve had similar experiences on both sides, it was usually in different contexts. I server transferred at least 6 times. So I mean, faction swap/race change+server transfer.

That’s the one thing I hate about Moon Guard is not knowing when someone is RPing or just being annoying for annoyance sake.

1 Like

How is this an alliance issue? You act as if the horde are perfectly mature respectable players. Hint…they aren’t and they have rude people too.

4 Likes

Wait, wait… what’s this? I can feel it, yes! Now that my background is red i think… i’m a nicer person!! Darn alliance meanies

5 Likes

It has a lot to do with the perception of it. Alliance is numerically outnumbered across multiple servers, and only hold a majority on what, 3-4? It is easier to think or feel that it represents the majority when the only ones left are elitist die-hards, or casuals avoiding most players, or some other reason. Horde’s population is so vast that it doesn’t feel that way. Even if they were equal in distribution the ratio would still show a significantly different experience.

Honestly surprised your mogs arent the same on both toons!

1 Like

It was until yesterday :joy:

1 Like

I do not see it myself on the horde side i do dungeons everyone is chill and cracking jokes/ go alliance everyone is pissy and elitists / bgs alliance raging even when winning/ horde people cracking jokes on how badly we are losing. rarely see someone rage not saying it never happens but not a lot and i pvp a lot. i remember once trying to gear an alt on the alliance side and some guy was laughing at my low heals and told everyone to laugh at me, and others actually snapped back at him and told him i was calling incs and at least trying which i never saw coming because normally when one person jumps everyone follows , so that was very rare for me. Plus i never said its 100 % alliance are all that way im asking does anyone else have the same issue . to see why is it that way for me, and maybe its just my server.

1 Like

In my experience it’s the Horde who want everyone to know they play horde.

2 Likes