Trying to get clarification to suspension

Hello, I have attempted to submit a couple of tickets in regards to this, however only so far have been getting responses in regards to overturning the penalty, when my tickets aren’t asking for this.

I am trying to get clarification or information on to what about a post I made that caused the suspension so that way I can know what was wrong with the post so that way I can avoid being suspended in the future. I have reviewed the forum’s code of conduct however just don’t see anything in there as to what about my post would have triggered the suspension for spamming.

From my viewpoint, the post was legitimate and innocent, was the one and only post at the time that I made the post in regards to the event as far as I was aware, and was just a simple post about an event that occurred in the game, nothing offensive, nothing taboo, just a post expressing excitement about an achievement that happened in the game… however hours later receive an email stating that it was suspended for "Reason: Spamming " and my forum privileges suspended for part of a day.

Issue ID: #67477011

Thank you for any insight to this issue so that way I can be aware of what exactly was wrong with the post so that way I can avoid a future suspension.

I can see two issues.

First, we tend not to allow someone to post simply to advertise their video/stream, etc… If it is linked as part of a discussion, that is often allowed, but by itself, it might be removed.

Second, the video itself contains inappropriate language throughout. The content of the video usually needs to adhere to the same policies as the language you’d be permitted to post.

7 Likes

Ahh that makes sense. Firstly the video in the post wasn’t my video, it’s just the first/only video clip that I could find available on the internet of the event at the time of my post. So wasn’t some attempt to promote a video/stream, but just a generic video as far as I was aware as if you check any previous posts I’ve made to these forums that contain a video link, they point to a wide variety of youtube/twitch uploads or clips.

Also the video was apart of the discussion as it was the video captured of the topic (showing the boss kill).

About the language, unfortunately I guess players of World of Warcraft tend to cuss when they get excited about achieving something amazing… Unfortunately I don’t know how to edit videos myself, otherwise I could maybe somehow censor the video post, but i guess I know just to avoid them now that I know.

Would of been great if maybe the video link could have simply just been removed, as the topic post itself probably could have sufficed but it is what it is I guess…

Anyways, thank you for providing the information I was hoping to get to the bottom of :slight_smile: I’ll do my best to be aware of language that is said in video posts.

-edit- turns out too the video clip used was is the channel of one of the participants who were in the video/event (the paladin in the video, and the guy who was cussing alot in celebration xD ). So was a video from the source.