Trust levels? Need an explanation (serious)

So in the short time I’ve been back, I’ve heard about “trust levels” on the forums. These used to not be “a thing”.

In all seriousness, can someone please explain them to me?

You need to grind GD to get honor points.
At the end of the week, you get rank points based on how many honor points you earn relative to the amount other posters earned.
The amount of rank points you need to climb trust levels increases as you go up in trust.
At trust level 11 you get a cheap epic mount, so it’s worth it.

You have 117 posts.
The multi-botts have 1000’s.

1 Like

it’s like Pathfinder for the forums. read a lot, post regularly, earn and spend likes.

or get green text, they by default all have TL3

Beenngreen, couldn’t pay me enough tongo back LOL. Guess it’s griding for me. LOL

This sticky post has a lot of information

But one thing I don’t think that it mentions is that trust level also has to be maintained to keep it at 3.

2 Likes

Trust Levels = stupidity at its finest. Even on the forums we’re time gated.

Like serious stupidity, I can’t post a picture or a gif but I can post this?

3 Likes

Eh. I googled. Took 5min of ctrl-s in the .json to find the answer. But honestly I wouldn’t worry about it.

1 Like

And this being the exceptional forum software it is, has no way to actually track it in order to maintain it long term either.

Or you could go my route, post a poo emoji and have your precious trust ruined forever.

1 Like

Does it? lol :poop:
Funny because they also have a middle finger but it’s a “blocked word”. They couldn’t even be bothered to remove it from this copy pasted forum layout.

You get rewarded for forum activity until some idiot flags a post you made that they disagreed with and lose it without appeal.

2 Likes

Testing the waters eh? :wink:

There was a lot of stupidity on the forums when it first went live. I had never gotten any reprimands on the old forums, but we’re practically self moderating now (which I believe is why they chose this software). I’ve been reported multiple times over the last year or so. I did have trust 3 for a brief period of time, but it was revoked and once ya screw up there’s no getting it back… ever.

There are people that abused the flagging system in the beginning and some still do just cause they don’t like what someone is typing or don’t like the poster, not because what they’ve said is really all that offensive or needs to actually be removed.

I think I read once someone got in trouble for using this too :eggplant: :confused:

In practical terms it means little. You get to post (animated?) gifs and you get access to “The Lounge,” in which you can congratulate other TL3s with achieving… TL3.

See, every time I got flagged I’d have level three again by the end of the week. I guess I hit the flag limit with the last offended idiot, though. Stuck at level 2 now. :frowning:

There is a sticky.

And it can be lost the minute some Troll decides he/she doesn’t like you contradicting them and flags you