TRP Editing / Writing Services

ON HIATUS at the moment… not taking on any new projects, sorry.

Are you an RPer who wants a polished TRP profile, but you’re terrible with grammar and spelling? Do you have a great character concept and backstory, but you aren’t sure how to word it? Well, you’ve come to the right place!

Many of you know me as Mailang…the head noodle lady from Om Nom Noodles.

I am a writer IRL, and I’ve decided to offer my editing / writing services to my fellow Moonguardians for their TRP profiles in exchange for some fair, in-game gold prices. (We have to fund Moonguard’s ramen addiction somehow, you know? Noodle carts and banquet tables are costly, even with regular farming. :wink:)

Writing/Editing services are to be paid for with real, in-game gold on Moonguard server. Prices listed below.

(For TRP writing samples, please see next post below. Additional samples of other format styles available upon request.)

EDITING / WRITING SERVICE TYPES:

~ 500 goldBasic…Typo and grammar edits to the whole TRP.

~ 2,000 goldModerate…Minor re-writes and grammar edits. This would be for the About /Description section only.

~ 5,000 goldExtensive…Major re-writes and grammar edits. Re-formatting layout as needed. This would be for the entire TRP.

~ 10,000 goldFrom Scratch…Given basic character concepts / storylines you provide, I would write up a fully fleshed-out TRP for you.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

1. We would agree on a level of editing (see above) based on your needs.

2. We would get together on discord for communications. If working from an existing TRP, you would Export your existing TRP profile code, paste it into a Word doc, and post it in our discord DM (very easy to do). I would then edit and revise.

3. For a From-Scratch TRP, I would give you a series of questions to help me understand your character as in-depth as possible and work off that to build a TRP profile from the ground up.

4. I would write a first draft for your review and make adjustments as needed until you are happy with it.

5. You would pay me gold in-game, and I would paste the new profile code into a Word doc and post it in our discord DM.

6. You would then Import the new, edited TRP code for your character.

Also, in any cases where someone is using a different add-on interface, we would simply edit/build the various sections of your profile for you to copy/paste.

Easy-peasy! If anyone has questions, please let me know. :smiley:

10 Likes

Writing Styles
In general, there are 3 TRP / MRP styles I use. All include At First Glances and Characteristics…but there are 3 different approaches to the About section format:

1. Itemized…this is your standard subdivided categories (appearance, history, languages spoken, etc.) Very much a ‘tell the facts’ OOC style. Straight-forward and to the point.

2. Description…this is an About section that reveals a mixture of backstory, appearance, personality, etc. but told in prose. Still an OOC telling of facts but in a more cohesive, reader-friendly manner.

3. Snapshot…this reads as an IC mini short story/movie scene style of About section which presents details about the person with hints at backstory and insight into their personality through a story scene. More of a ‘show…don’t tell’ style.

Here is a sample TRP I made for one of my first customers, made in the Snapshot style:
(Text-only version.)

https:// tinyurl .com/ SampleTRP ( < paste with no spaces )

3 Likes

10/10 would recommend.
The best profile writer on Moonguard.

2 Likes

Awe! That’s very kind of you to say. Thanks for the support. :heart:

Awesome. Good luck!

1 Like

This is really cool! I might message you in the future for help rewriting Vela’s trp, I’m not sure yet. I’ve been playing her for over three years and haven’t really edited her trp much in that time >.>

1 Like

Absolutely, I’d love to help. Shoot me an in-game letter, and we can connect on discord. :wink:

Ooh. Awesome. :heart:

Mailang and her writing skills are amazing! I used her RP profile writing services and I couldn’t be happier :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

I’m going to actually consider this. :slight_smile:

I think my profiles are pretty good already, but they could use some improvement.

1 Like

I’d love to help. Shoot me an in-game letter, and we’ll get connected. :wink:

I’m going to have to scrape up 10kg somehow!

1 Like

Do you have a writing sample we could look at? I’m interested.

1 Like

Gondrik, see the second post in this thread…updated with a link to TRP sample. :wink:

I guess I’ll have to shoot you a letter, cause mine needs a lot of work done and I’d love to see how this goes.

1 Like

I think my Profile is alright but who knows, maybe I’ll give this a shot just to support my favorite noodle people and see what you get for me.

1 Like

Hello there! Do you assist cross realm love? If so, I could use your input and assistance!

Thank you so much (:

I can, but since I only have characters on MG server, you would need a toon on MG server to send gold from as payment when completed. :wink:

But otherwise, of course! All we need is discord.

What a wonderful idea!

Good for you. I may come a calling. I struggle to find my muse quite consistently.

1 Like

Wonderful! :slight_smile: I reached out to you in-game!

Look forward to working with you.

1 Like