Troll or blood elf?

I’m thinking switching BE MAGE to troll for the amazing racial troll offers.

belves are kinda cringe ngl

All the YouTube content creators I saw all roll “troll”

Once you go troll, you never reroll.

If you care about cosmetics, just roll a female troll.

2 Likes

Until they nerf racials to just cosmetic which I strongly suspect is coming. Hazzikostas already said they want to address faction imbalance with raiding and m+ and the only realistic way is to just eliminate racials or make them non-factors. Then you eliminate the “BUT DIS RACE IS .25% MOAR DEEPS” swapping the top guilds do and then the copycating everyone else does.

The only way to fix the faction imbalance is to allow mercenary queuing or MAYBE character duplication services (and they announced this for the classic->TBCc transition so I know it’s doable).

I know a few people that play alliance characters and they’ve wanted me to switch my horde mains over but there’s a snowballs chance in hell I’m ever going to do it. Even on Alts trying to do lowbie keys I can see the stark difference in population - there’s no way I’m going to make that my main gaming experience on WoW.

However, if I was able to, say, have my BE mage merc as a VE mage for their raid nights, everyone would be happier.

I as horde am only marginally affected by their absence but they are having trouble finding people for heroic raiding, much less mythic prog, and their experience would be greatly improved. I can hop from group to group, each a different group of people met from pugging and being social, while they’re having trouble even filling a small roster. Imagine if we could all play cross-faction with each other and how much more multi-player engagement there could be that way.

Network effects are very real and ignoring them instead of leveraging them is just a failure in system design.

Lol they want your covenant, your spec, and your race to all be meaningful choices. Meaning they want you to play a Night Fae, Fire Mage, Troll. The meaningful part isn’t player agency, the meaningful part is that if you chose other things you’ve made some bad choices.