Tried to Transfer Character but... (An error has occurred Please try later)

Hello,
I just came back to WoW recently, and I’m trying to transfer my hunter to my main account. However, after selecting transferring account and click continue, it showed (An error has occurred, please try later).

-character that I want to transfer is level 90 without most current patch BFA
-my main account(the account I want to receive this hunter) has current patch BFA
-I just got this account subscribed today
-Both accounts have same real-id

not sure what cause this error, please help…

Have you logged into the character that you want to transfer recently, Tiancheng? If so, and it is still getting an error I’d recommend submitting a ticket. If you go through our Support site select: World of Warcraft > Payment > Purchase Failure.

I’d use the Live Chat or a callback option if it is available.

Yes, I just had this account activated today, the reason I active this account is trying to transfer my character to main. I haven’t play this account since level 90 patch. This account also doesn’t have a BFA patch

Just for clarification, you actually do have the “BFA patch”. The client is the same regardless of if you have purchased the expansion or not. What you have access to is based on the account level. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please forgive my grammar.
I do have my BFA patch for main account, but I do not have it for this account which I am currently using on forum.
According to what you have said, this should not affect me transferring characters, am I right?

Thank you for your quick response by the way

Account level will impact your ability to transfer characters. You can transfer a character from a lower tiered account to a higher, but not the other way around. So you can transfer a character from an account that doesn’t have Battle for Azeroth to an account that does have it.

2 Likes

I think they might be referring to the expansion as a whole, not the server build? My impression, anyway.

But OP, you’re correct, you can only go laterally or higher, not lower.

1 Like

Thank you guys, so it seems like it’s system error or something. I have just submit a ticket to customer support

1 Like