Tried everything to reset my nameplates range

So, i was wondering if there is something i can edit in some LUA or something to set nameplate range to 40 yards? I’ve tried every other option that I’ve found. Everything from running scripts like “/script SetCVar(“nameplateMaxDistance”, 40)”. Turning all addons off. Deleting WTF/Cache folders. Trying addons like “nameplaterange”, the CVARS in “advanced Interface Options”. Every other addon I’ve found to adjust nameplate ranges and nothing, they just wont change. So i was just curious if there was somewhere i could manually change them.

I took this screenshot to show the range, im not targeting the mob but it looks to me like its set at 60 or 80 yards.

https://imgur.com/0zpQYaT

If anyone has any experience with this and a minute or two i’d appreciate it.

2 Likes

Blizzard disconnected the CVar in 8.2.5

So wait…Now when going through a dungeon you have to deal with having 40 nameplates on your screen? I noticed the issue running deadmines on a new character. Expecially on the last boss, every mob around the boat was on my screen and trying to click the bosses nameplate was a hassle, i can only imagine some other cluttered dungeons. Yikes. Maybe i can configure a nameplate addon to drastically fade out of range names but im not sure how that will work. Thanks for the info though.

Ya, i was hoping to do that with ElvUI’s style filters but it’s not currently an option and i don’t know if it’s possible with the current API.

They destroyed anyway to change nameplate range. Mine is stuck at 20 yards. As a hunter this is absolutely agonizing. How anyone can stand this is beyond me.

Tol’Dagor and Waycrest manor are unbearable with 60yd nameplates.
I was hoping I could reduce to 20 or 10 yards in those instances, but apparently it’s broken

How in the world are you getting 60yards? For everyone else it’s stuck at 20 and it’s ridiculous as ranged class. Can’t even play properly.

Retail is set to 60, Classic is set to 20.

Oh well. Not playing WoW, then.

It’s unplayable as a ranged with stuck at 60, especially Tol Dagor. Great Job Blizz! We knew already that most of your devs don’t play ranged, but ffs. Stop messing with the nameplates.

This is gamebreaking in every aspect. Are you that lazy that you can’t seperate retail and classic Cvars anymore? Jeez. -.-

I’ll push this up again because apparently nobody really cares… Are so few actually still playing rn?

I believe the percentage of ranged spec players that play BGs and M+ at the moment must be quite low, so that’s probably why there’s no wind about this gameplay-breaking issue.

I also made a seperate thread over in the BG forum…

This needs to be addressed and fixed, PLEASE.