Trial accounts being put in level 29 twink, XP-Locked battlegrounds

Trial accounts which are testing the game are now put in the same queue as level 29 XP-Locked twinks, and getting absolutely wrecked by them… This is not a nice experience for new players, please take level 20 starter accounts out of the level 29 twink bracket… it’s not a good look for the game!

Thanks,

11 Likes

They made this change several months ago. Now that they’ve made changes to low level gear they will no doubt have to take a look at the current situation. I doubt it will happen until 9.1.5.

3 Likes

Please fix this, or just combine exp-on and exp-off queues all together.

3 Likes

Combine xp on and off but don’t let twinks queue in groups. Restrict them to 1 per bg on each side. One twink is not game-breaking. A party of 5 is. Two parties of 5? I’ve seen that in a 110 level cap community I used to belong to in BfA, where some people were actually twinks (I wasn’t), and we weren’t queue syncing.

1 Like

^ these things but also merc mode for F2P wouldn’t be a bad default for this bracket… basically force equality so if there is a premade group make sure each side has the same amount of premade… as a F2P I don’t mind being of 5 per side weaker than the rest for example but if im literally being farmed by the whole team it’s a nightmare

1 Like

I think they should have “solo queue” and “matched party” divisions in bgs. Players could solo queue for matched parties if they met certain gear requirements, knowing that they would be filling into an instance of parties on both sides, with slightly better rewards to give them the incentive to reach those requirements.

1 Like

Would be nice if new players didn’t have to face lvl 29 twinks while wanting to test pvp content. Also don’t allow low level characters to queue pvp content as a party. Playing as a leveler into 5 twinks is frustrating but facing 1 solo Twink isn’t game breaking.

1 Like

I think the problem is solved by now

What have you seen to make you think it was fixed? What was changed?

1 Like

queue time on f2p and the ppl ended up playing were not twinks

The issue is that levelers, new starter accounts, and veteran accounts with geared players are now all playing together. A fair number of those veteran accounts leveled up to 29 and got bis gear again. These are three different demographics. With changes to heirloom and dungeon gear ilvl, those legitimately new starter accounts are at a gigantic disadvantage, which is not good at all for new players who may have wanted to do PvP, because they’ll probably quit.

1 Like

How is it in Blizzard’s best financial interest to ensure that new trial accounts have a horrible first time pvp experience?

This is what I cannot figure out.

This is still not fixed.

Seems broken…