Transmute Arcanite Scammer - Resolved

LDOPA asks for people to do a transmute arcanite. I inform that I’ll do the work for 7G. Trades me mats, I make the bar, go to trade it back to him, and no gold. LDOPA tells me that he gave me the gold with mats? Huh? No one on Whitemane does the transaction this way. I have no way to verify that he gave me the gold. Is their a gold log in the game, nothing I’ve ever seen. But it’s a pretty nifty scheme, if the majority of players chalk it up to forgetfulness on their part. So he can go about his day, and get half his bars made for free, saves some gold. I’ve asked Blizz to check my gold log, and if I missed it at the beginning of the transaction, I’ll send him 100G as an apology. But if I’m LDOPA, I’d change my transmute procedure so that I pay with the bar like 99% of the realm does.

That post should have been as Slitzz. I’m not hiding.

is LDOPA a name or an acronym

LDOPA is a player name Azaz.

If you want to be an outlier, operating outside of norms and customs, then prepare for someone to question your intent Brucebaner. The very nature of a scammer is to make things seem on the up and up, all while sowing doubt and confusion in their victims.

Blizz has confirmed that indeed the fee was paid with mats. So i have apologized to LDOPA with an ingame mail, and sent him gold for his troubles.

1 Like