Transmog Plea from a Humble Troll Hunter

TL;DR: There is a turquoise recolor of the Restrung Voodoo Bow / Ancient Amani Longbow on an NPC in Icecrown. I want it. Please add it to the trading post. I love you.

When I was seven years old, I opened up the Warcraft 2 manual and introduced myself to what would become my favorite race in Warcraft, the Trolls. The axe-thrower, the berserker, a portrait of Zul’jin, and a scene of a troll leaping at an elven ranger. I’m not sure why I was so taken by them, looking back on this art, but when WoW was announced, I was so excited at the prospect of being one and living in this world. That was like twenty years ago.

Today, I still play that hunter I started in 2006. I’ve been pretty casual since Wrath of the Lich King, preferring the company of my small group of irl friends or simply slumming it by myself. The introduction of transmog revolutionized gaming. Finally we had acknowledgement from developers that looking the part was actually better than playing the part. And so I began my journey, making sure I was always among the most fashionable of trolls, thus cementing my childhood fantasy. There was just one problem.

Darkspear Trolls are a nightmare to design outfits for. I think it must be their body proportions. There’s certainly no shortage of primal or savage weapons and armor that fit their cultural aesthetic. But I find that a good tabard is necessary to tie their outfit / body silhouette together and the only two that I care to use are the Darkspear Tabard and Vol’jins Spear Tabard. Which basically means I have to build my outfits around reds or turquoises. Unfortunately there is an absolute dearth of thematic bow appearances that match these palettes. So that brings me to my request.

I was absolutely sure that there was a turquoise version of the Ancient Amani Longbow / Restrung Voodoo Bow, but I could figure out where I had seen it. I was convinced I had seen it during a Blizzcon art panel 15 years ago or something ridiculous but a cursory google search brought me to this. https://www.wowhead.com/npc=33372/zultore

There it is. It exists and it’s being jealously guarded by an NPC from 2009. Please Blizzard, for the love of Bwonsamdi put this thing on the trading post. I would throw down all of my banked Trader’s Tender on it. I don’t know how this model has aged this well since The Burning Crusade but it has and I. NEED. THIS. BOW.

ahem
Thank you all for being here. I hope I’ve made my case and I wish you all a good day.
Darkspear Never Die

3 Likes