Transmog everything yay or nay?

Is there any argument on why we shouldn’t be able to transmog any type of armor on any class? Like a global available dresser?

11 Likes

Nah. I think we should have less restrictions on transmogs, but it shouldn’t be a giant free all. Like white gear/gray gear and allow mail pieces be mogable for plate wearers.

Blizzard does a good job at making mogs for classes, not for everyone to be able to use.

Like I was just imagining my fury warrior in T1 priest mog set, it would look silly.

19 Likes

I think there should be more freedom in weapon transmogs, but armor nah.

6 Likes

I might be wrong here but can’t we mog like every weapon I think I have a polearm in a two handed sword, and fist weapons can be any 1h?

OK I agree yes there are actually some really weird possibilities. Classes wearing the previous type could be really cool. Mail and plate are not really that crazy apart. Although personally I would love using some cloth stuff on my plate

1 Like

I don’t think any class should be able to transmog any type of armor, because it makes no sense for, say, a warlock to have plate gear on. I’m personally very content with there being limitations on transmog as far as armor class goes.

However, I do think there are restrictions that should be lifted. I think holiday transmogs should be usable whenever. I also think that there should be more cosmetic options that are usable regardless of armor class. I think that we should be able to transmog our weapon to any type of weapon we have proficiency with, regardless of the weapon type that is currently equipped. I also wish that they would take all of the white and grey quality items that they have in the game and make them collectable appearances. It’s really a shame that there are so many armor and weapon models are right there and yet completely unusable.

3 Likes

Everything but tier gear is what I’d do. Tier gear was made for that class and would feel more out of place than just a random different armor/weapon type.

5 Likes

Another thing I like about ESO, I have a lot of mix/match appearances combining plate, leather, and cloth. They do have this weird issue with leg flaps though.

5 Likes

We don’t want everybody looking the same.

We want to have a pretty good idea of what we’re dealing with, as soon as we see you in the distance.

2 Likes

I just want every soulbound item I’ve collected, no matter if that character can equip them or not, to be in my mog collection for my alts that can equip them, to have access to.

5 Likes

Says the warrior. Mail wearers? Not so much.

Considering that cloth often looks like plate and leather looks like recycled scrap, I think we should have way fewer restrictions.

5 Likes

That’s what class-coded name plates are for. Considering every class can turn off their gear and go naked, how do you tell what someone is without color-coded nameplates?

8 Likes

Oh yes this is a fantastic idea, tier stuff is definitely more unique and totally fits from a rp pov that only that class wears it, same for heritage armor.

This is even more wishfull thinking but I would loooove to have the level filter remove when doing tmog on low level alts

2 Likes

I think it would be an improvement if we could see whether our alts of some other armor type have some interesting looking mog unlocked yet.

Yes. Because a warrior doesn’t wear cloth and a mage doesn’t wear plate.

And having faction/race/class distinctions adds complexity, variety and flavor to the game. And that includes transmogs.

3 Likes

We can all wear footsie pajamas. Who cares?

6 Likes

Yeah I mean we can wear santa hats, there are some cosmetic plate armor that cloth can wear, my mage wears the heritage which is pretty plate-y. We reached a point already where armor is just cosmetic, when you pvp for example, at least me as a noob, never saw someone and said oh look at that weapon he is stacking critical I should be careful. Unlike say old school runescape pvp,

I totally agree with the first part, same goes for faction specific stuff like mounts, armors, even pets. But for the overall feel I think transmog is more like a cosmetic thing, and this would also be really cool for guilds and groups that like to look like a lil warband.

2 Likes

Perhaps some sort of token, sold through the Transmog vendor purchasable with the Trial of Style currency, that would allow you to change a single piece of armor in your Wardrobe from Armor class specific to general cosmetic to allow you to share it with your other characters. Maybe even able to change a holiday item to a year-round item. It’s not making things a free-for-all, could make the token somewhat pricey so things don’t get out of hand and it would be great to have along on raid/dungeon runs when that piece of armor drops and you happen to be on the “wrong” class to learn it in your wardrobe.

3 Likes

This is pretty cool, runescape has a system like this but they charge like 10 usd for a token to allow any item of any kind to be allowed for transmog, this could be really good too, a small token you drop on any item you have on your collection and now its available for all classes

Im just hoping the cost comes down with the scaling.

I’d like to see armor downgrade transmogs:
Plate wearers can transmog to mail, leather, and cloth
Mail to leather and cloth
Leather to cloth

It would help plate wearers live their warrior He-Man fantasy in the game.

1 Like