Transmog broken after maintenance

I am having this problem on my shadow priest, on whom I generally apply the Xal’atath appearance to whatever weapon she has. I access the Xal’atath appearance by selecting “Legion Artifacts” from the drop-down in the transmogrify window.

Upon logging in after reset, her staff had lost it’s mog and I am unable to reapply the Xal’atath appearance to it. I was able to apply the appearance of T’uure, the holy priest legion artifact, by accessing that appearance from the “Staves” section.

I switched to a mace and found that I could not mog that to Xal’atath either.

I then switched to a dagger and was able to apply the Xal’atath appearance. It did not matter whether I accessed the appearance from the “Daggers” section or the “Legion Artifacts” section – either worked.

My resto druid is also having this problem. After reset, the dagger he is wielding lost the appearance of G’Hanir and I am unable to re-apply it. I am able to apply the appearance of Fangs of Ashamane, the feral druid legion artifact, by choosing “Daggers” from the drop-down. However, I cannot apply the appearance to his off-hand since he cannot dual wield as a resto druid.

My demo warlock is not having this problem yet. His staff retains the appearance of the Skull of the Man’ari. However, if I equip a different staff, I cannot apply the appearance to it. So he only retains the appearance until he loses it or upgrades his weapon. The main difference I can think of is that Skull occupies the off-hand slot while Xal’atath and G’Hanir occupy the main hand slot.

My prot paladin cannot apply the Truthguard appearance to a two-handed weapon even though Truthguard is also listed as an off-hand item. Unlike the warlock, the paladin did not have that appearance already applied before the reset. I can’t imagine there are many prot paladins out there using the Truthguard mog on a two-handed weapon, but if there are, I wonder if they also escaped the appearance removal.

EDIT: Apparently a the hotfix went out and now the issue seems to be fixed for everyone except the warlock. He retains the Skull of the Man’ari appearance on his staff, but cannot transmog another staff with that appearance. The main difference I can see is that Skull is an off-hand item where the others are two-hand items.

2 Likes

Now I am able to apply the Sharas’dal appearnance to a staff on my resto shaman.

However, I am still not able to apply the Skull of the Man’ari appearance to a staff on my demo warlock.

EDIT: I am also not able to apply the Truthguard appearance to a two-hand on my prot paladin (not that I would actually want to).

So, for me, the problem now seems to be limited to legion artifacts that are off-hand items – Skull of the Man’ari and Truthguard.

1 Like

So the hotfix worked, though as soon as I changed specs and changed the mog it went back to being broken it appears.

I’m now able to apply the 2h mace to my sword and shield on my holy paladin and balance druid staff to my dagger and offhand.

Edit: I changed my warlock to demo temporarily since that’s not my usual spec, and see the issue still remains for me with that artifact as stated above with offhand items. My staff would not transmog, just the zap sound and no change.

Well, (or not)
I’ve tried the gimmicks tryfix listed above but none of them worked.
It’s not only for the dopeness that please my eyes while i incarnet my narcissus greenbear avatar.

EDITED: idk if this is happening only with me, but after trying the tricks listed above, i just tried to transmog the staff to Ursoc’s Claws just as normal as i always did before and it worked.
Logged today and the transmog still there.

Since its not an official statement that its fixed for real, i wont even touch the transmog panel no more.
Idk if this is ok with others class and weapons

For me it’s fixed it seems. Transmog my 2H current Weapon into my Fangs of Ashamane appearance in Feral spec and same weapon into Claws of Ursoc in Bear spec and managed to keep both so far even when I change specs. Let’s hope it stays like that.

When the hot fixed was first announced last night it was still broken for me. I figured I would wait and try again the next day (today). When I logged into my priest this afternoon I was once again able to transmog my Xal’atath to my staff. All seems good now.

Can’t apply Skull of Man’ari to War Scholar’s Stave. The transmog was applied to my previous weapon though, throughout all of the above stuff happening. But now I got the new staff and can’t transmog. Hitting ‘apply’ makes the noise, but nothing happens.

So basically it broke again.

1 Like

Update: the problem does not exist on my druid. Tried a bunch of things, including artifact appearances, no problems at all. Went back to my warlock, Skull of Man’ari is still not applying. So I dunno what’s going on.

1 Like

Update 2: Found that Skull of Man’ari does apply to daggers without problem.

1 Like

None of the legion appearances are working on my Guardian druid. Sorry to see others having the same issue, especially for 3 weeks now.

1 Like

Problem is still present after reset.

2 Likes

It appears this is still an issue a month later. Its not even a consistent issue. I transmogged my priest’s staff into the shadow artifact no problem. But when I went to the same with my warlock, no dice.

1 Like

So, I was able to transmog the Spine of Thal’kiel over a dagger on my warlock & since I have an offhand piece as well, I was able to transmog the Skull of the Man’ari over that. He still talks & everything!

1 Like

It seems it is still broken for Demonology Warlocks. Still unable to transmog ‘Skull of the Man’ari’ over staff’s or 1h sword and offhand…

1 Like

Demonology is still broken. I can’t transmog my 2h Staff into the Demonology artifact.
1h/Offhand works for now.

1 Like

I have been having this issue I believe since March as well. It happens only with my Tank spec. I cannot change the appearance of my shield. It stays the same artifact appearance and nothing will change it. The little icon down below in the character screen for the shield changes to another looking shield but not the one I am selecting…It is broken still…Hopefully 9.1 will fix this…