Transferring

So i’m planning on transferring to EU servers when classic comes out. Right now it says I only have the EU starter edition. Do I need to purchase BFA in order to play classic when it comes out or do I just need to purchase a subscription?

Nope, just a sub/game time.

2 Likes

I was talking for EU. I currently own BFA for the US and I only have an EU starter edition. I plan on playing on the EU servers. Do I need to buy EU BFA?

Like I said…you don’t need BFA, just game time to play classic. Owning BFA is not a requirement to play Classic.

2 Likes

If you want to play BfA on the EU normal realms, yes. If you are just looking to play classic, you just need an active account.

1 Like

To clarify this, you will need to buy game time for your EU Starter Account. That will upgrade it to a full up-to-Legion account, and give you access to an EU Classic account by the same name.

This was a recent (last year?) change to how the game purchasing works. It is no longer necessary to buy the base game; simply adding game time unlocks it.

Further, based on how it worked for the BlizzCon Demo, what you probably see in your drop-down list currently is:

WoW1 (US) : Battle for Azeroth
WOW2 (EU) : World of Warcraft

The Demo accounts were separated by a line, but used the same account names:

WoW1 (US) : WoW Classic
WoW2 (EU) : WoW Classic

EDIT: Updated the way the account names probably look based on actually looking at my launcher.

3 Likes

Just to be clear, you do need an EU license to play in the EU.

You can NOT transfer from US to EU, it would be a totally separate license and it would be a new license with none of your shared items, characters, etc.

2 Likes