Transferring Servers, what do I lose?

So i started my Warrior here on Trollbane, and I’m trying to farm gold for a Long Boi before Shadowlands releases and the problem is there’s not enough people on the server for a thriving economy, for example, I farmed out a ton of volatile air, and it took about a week to even sell a couple. So, i’m thinking of transferring to Dalaran, for a new life. Do i lose my items? or gold or anything. I just want to have everything I currently have, just on Dalaran.

Edit: Apparently there’s only 2,800 players on Trollbane and I think 13,000 on Dalaran.

If you’re just switching realms on the same faction you won’t lose out. I do believe there is a gold limit on transfers tho, ie if you have over the maximum (1 million gold for levels 110+ ) allowed you might have to do some shuffling.

You can bring at most 1m gold with you on a character. However you can bring 10m more if you bring a guild bank with you. Beyond that there are a few other random restrictions: no caged battle pets in bags, no active auctions, and no mail in your mailbox. You don’t actually lose anything though as long as you’re remaining in the same faction.

Practically speaking, sell whatever you can on your server within reason. Stuff sells faster and in larger quantities on a larger server, but usually sells at a lower price. This also means that with some unique exceptions there’s nothing worth packing your bank/bags with on your server.