Transferring a Loremaster to new BNet Account

If you complete all of the quest required for Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms or Loremaster of Kalimdor on a character, and then transfer that character to a new B-Net account, do those achievements auto-activate when they log in?

I know the achievement from the previous account doesn’t transfer, but won’t the actual quest completions come with the character, thus giving you the achievement when you first log in to them on the new account?

I ask because I’d like to buy a new B-Net account, start a new character and complete the two continents over several months, but then when I’m done, transfer that character into my main B-Net account, so my other toons can have the Loremaster title.

Is that possible?

I don’t believe that this will work. Achievements that grant things account-wide do not tend to transfer from one battle.net account to another.

However, if you have less than 8 wow accounts under your current battle.net, then you could simply add a new WoW account to it and once earned, the achievement would be battle.net wide for you :slight_smile:

True, but in the case all the quest requirements for the achievement were met on the one character being transferred and those quests would still be marked as complete for the character when they transfer.

SFAIK, the only requirements for the zone loremaster sub achievements that might not exist would be from a possible faction change when moving to the new battle.net account.

My assumption would be that when transferred, the character that owned all the necessary sub achievements would immediately get the Loremaster meta achievement.

However, that is just an assumption. Watching this thread for a possible blue response.

2 Likes

That was my thought exactly. Hopefully an official response will confirm this, then I can get crankin!!

I believe achievements are tied to your bnet account and not a individual toon on the account. So transferring a loremaster over to a new account I do not think would bring loremaster with him.

It would not bring the title or achievement, but the question here is would it bring the completed quests in the character’s database, thus re-earning the achievement when you log in under the new account?

2 Likes

Achievements can be a bit prickly, especially with a Battle.net transfer. So there are risks involved that not all information will transfer over.

That said, assuming the character completed all of the quests themselves, they should technically qualify for the achievement when they log in.

4 Likes

Thank you for replying!
Tell finance you just locked in a new subscription! lol

“Where’s my BONUS?” - Vrakthris

1 Like