Transferred my main to a now locked server, lv60 alts stuck on old server

A little while back, a handful of friends and I transferred to what is now a currently locked server. I ended up moving just my main (lv60) with the intention of moving a few more lv60 alts after a few weeks, mostly so I wouldn’t have to spend $100 all at once on character transfers (some recent loss of work makes this harder to justify for me).

The server I transferred my main to is now locked, but in the case of alts- If someone already has a level 60 character on a locked server, is it reasonable to suggest allowing them to transfer their other lv60 characters there as well, assuming they’re on the same account? Since you can only play one character at a time per account, the actual population wouldn’t increase by allowing this, and having the lv60 restriction would prevent people from quickly making low level characters and abusing economy (which, hopefully, is helped by the recent black lotus changes).

There’s probably not many people stuck in the same situation that I’m in, where I have a few lv60 alts stranded on my old server, but it’d be an appreciated change to current transfer restrictions.

2 Likes

I am in that exact situation you are in. Today they just updated the Thread on that but unfortunately we are still overseen!

It feels bad because I see it exactly the way you do. We don’t add up to the pop anyways because we are established on our server already.
As we speak I am leveling up another Rogue toon on my destination server because I can not transfer my Rogue.

I’m waiting as well. Still unsure why allow new characters to be created but not allow transfers.

1 Like

I am in the same boat.

1 Like

For sure, having the “Other level 60 characters on the same account” transfer restriction doesn’t seem like it’d have any tangibly negative effect on the game or the server’s population numbers. I mean, it’d not be as bad if they had given like 2-3 days warning before locking servers, but it was basically a “We’ve announced it, and an hour later we’ve implemented it” sort of situation.

2 Likes

Do it Blizzard. Save Zek.

1 Like

ITT: Lotus bot farmer whines that they can’t xfer their lotus off the low pop serverto the high pop server they intended to bring it to sell for massive profit.

If black lotus is a bigger concern than population for character transfers, why not add a “You can’t transfer if you have any black lotus in your inventory/bank” rule? It’d force people to sell em on their current server before transferring, and would prevent that sort of thing.
IMO, yeah I’d much rather have the bots taken care of than the server transfers changed, but it doesn’t seem there’s been much progress on that front yet :confused:

Also BL isnt a thing since a couple of days ago lmao.

You still have the option of moving your main to a different non-locked server.

I understand that it isn’t an ideal option, but Blizzard needs to do something to control the population on overcrowded servers. Locking transfers is one of the most reasonable options they have.

1 Like

There are only 2 locked servers and both had transfers locked for seems like over a month.

/raise eyebrow