Transfering from a non rp realm

My advice would simply be to research the lore of whatever race/class interests you, and see if you can build a character out of it. Typically RPers have a “down to earth” kind of attitude towards characters, in that we’re not the big important hero that the quests make us out to be (We can’t all RP as the Deathlord, for instance. There’d be far too many Deathlords haha), but nor do we have to be basic peasants or something. So look it up (I’d recommend wowpedia as a good place to look) and see what you find! Ultimately once you work out your character’s backstory and personality… you’re set :smiley:

My wife just started RPing about a month ago and felt the exact same as you. Her advice was “Trust your character. Try to think like they would, act like they would, and even though it feels awkward at first it’ll start to flow”

I know it’s scary to jump into RP at first, but don’t be afraid to just give it a shot. I hope you find what you’re looking for :smiley:

5 Likes

you’re all so friendly :pleading_face: I will transfer here as soon as I can log in
I hope I end up being a good fit for the server

6 Likes

Honestly as long as you’re respectful to others it’s pretty hard not to fit in here. Welcome to the server though and have fun! Feel free to reach out in-game if you ever have questions.

6 Likes

I had never RPed before I came to this server. I liked it so much I stayed and learned to Rp, and that was about 10 years ago. You are going to be awkward when you start out. Most everyone is and it’s okay. I took a long break and feel awkward just trying to get back into. Everything comes with time.

3 Likes

I think like, that’s the biggest deal, like, I’ll eventually learn, buuuuuuuut I am so awkward at making friends too, I am extremely shy, which is why I am so scared of joining, making the decision of switching realms took me 4 hours, so idk >_> lol

1 Like

Never is the old adage, “They’re more afraid of you than you are of them,” more true than when it comes to walking up to people on an RP realm. :stuck_out_tongue: You’re not alone in the slightest. You’ll be fine.

3 Likes

:pleading_face:
Weird to see so many nice people on a forum
the transfers are being made
Excited to join :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah my experience is that we’re all pretty friendly here, most of the time. There are heated disagreements from time to time, nobody’s perfect after all, but generally folks here are friendly and respectful, which is great :smiley:

Welcome to our realm, Satryn! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi there! I made the jump from PVP to RP back in late Burning Crusade, and while my first cracks at roleplay were less than stellar, everyone had a good time and that’s ultimately what matters. There are no damage meters or BiS in this realm of gameplay.

If you’d like to read up on lore, Wowpedia is a good consolidated resource. If you want to learn the roleplay norms, just hang out and watch people – Orgrimmar and Silvermoon are big unofficial hubs. It’s completely okay to stand off to the side and just peoplewatch.

2 Likes

Moon Guard Horde overlaps almost completely with Wymrest in that MG Horde died out at some point during WOD and many of its remaining or returning players moved to Wyrmrest, so any purported difference in community is a sham. By all means, you can make a character on MG-H and poke around at their population but the Horde community there is much smaller than ours is.

At any rate, there’s a sizeable population of non-RPers here that do content and/or want to play on a server where you can actually have a conversation with people. I’ve noticed a big uptick in non-RPers in the past 2 expansions, so you’ll be in good company.

Source: I’ve played on both in the past I had to move my paladin from MG this xpac because Horde side there is dead.

3 Likes

Hey welcome to the server, dunno if your looking for a guild but maybe give ours a try, its a smaller group with a mix of rp and non rp folks more then happy to show you the ropes on rp, or even suggest some rp focused guilds if you decide you want that? also someone linked em already but the directories are a insanelly useful resource created by and maintained by the community

oh yeah here our guild ad
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/h-chu-chu-noodle-co/398355/32

3 Likes

Welcome to WrA!

I moved here from a PVP server, so I get the anxiety. The best thing you can do until you feel ready/comfortable to RP (IMO) is just lurk and watch others.
It helps if you have a roleplay addon (my fav is TRP 2/Total Roleplay 2) because it will allow you to read other characters’ profile sheets.

Also, make sure to check out the RP Lore Directory by Feyawen! Just start with whichever interest you, she has compiled a ton of info here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/compendium-of-roleplay-guides-wip/469154

3 Likes

Hey, everyone has to start somewhere! I definitely wasn’t the best, I’m still not. Don’t worry about embarrassing yourself, you do you.

1 Like

I’ll be sure to talk to you later today! thank you :slight_smile:

I did get those addons, I’ve always found interesting and cool to read the rp profiles of people so I’ve downloaded them before :stuck_out_tongue:
I hope it helps me learn, too
thank you for the link too
really thanks to everyone who participated on the thread, you’re all been so incredibly nice and welcoming :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Welcome and hope to see you around the server! Right now Orgrimmar is sharded, but there’s still a lot of RP in the city. If you find a good RP guild, you should be all set. And if you’re worried about feeling comfortable, add a note in the OOC information on your TRP saying you’re newer to RP and people should be more helpful.

3 Likes

Real nice RP server you came to here.

Sure would be a shame if someone were to…help you.

8 Likes

@Satryn Come to the teahouse some Sunday. We’d love to offer you whatever support you want. Asking about RP in the moment isn’t bugging us - it’s giving us a chance to widen & strengthen the community.

2 Likes

Welcome to Wyrmrest Accord! Horde rp is really active, as well as a lot of cross faction rp opportunities! Horde and Alliance rpers do a lot of working together on this server.

2 Likes

This is a perfect example of the kind of public RP event where you’ll find supportive people:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/n-pandaren-wanderers-festival-casual-roleplay-event-december-7-food-and-fireworks-at-the-beach/752691

Since you have TRP look for people with “Volunteer Roleplayer” toggled on their profiles. Sometimes we forget to toggle it on (especially those of us with multiple characters), but it’s a start for identifying people eager to help newcomers.

2 Likes

oh this is great! I had no idea
I’ll be playing again this weekend and I’ll try to find some people
thanks again!

1 Like