Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

Please reconsider the last minute/no warning closing of transfer option. Or at the very least dont lock the free transfer options(Eranikus). There are groups of people that have new friends and returning players that want to join but can’t because the only option is locked to them. Old Blanchy is out of the question because for one it’s a normal server and also it’s named “Old Blanchy” who wants to be on a server named after a lame horse.

Now do Skyfury!

The servers are locked and we can’t access character transfer (or it tries to charge for each character still) and unable to access our characters to delete mail or arena teams to be eligible etc.

For those of us that moved to Faerlina in the prepatch… we fully understood the ramifications of facing a queue on launch and the weeks leading up to release. Why are we locking transfers and character creation for inbound players who don’t mind staying on a full and capped mega server?

If you have personal obligations and can’t wait in line to get on a full server - it’s YOUR obligation to use the free migration or pay to move somewhere else. Nobody with guild ties on any of the 3 megaservers will leave and the only people who benefit long term are the groups who stay anyways because they desire the highest pop realms.

Lastly, the fact that we have players who want to join a guild and are now hardstuck from coming to Faerlina is a slap across the face. Nobody wants to play on a medium pop server 4 months down the road post-launch. It should ultimately be up to the player if they want to sit in a queue or login with no barriers to enjoy the game.

1 Like

rip heartseeker chads

1 Like

There are still zero meaningful solutions for players/alts on the dead side of “Full” realms like Whitemane Alliance. Will we get a response before it’s too late??

Thats exacly what i’m saying.
A big chunk of people will leave 2-3 weeks into the launch and then it will start to dwindle, you SHOULD start at higher player count (A queue of 200~ ins’t bad) because, unlike when it was release originaly, player base will not increase along the way.
So yes, you must some sort of “overcrowd” those realms or there will soon be doomsayers draggin people back to Faerlina/Benediction.
And yes, i’m one of those who transfered from Faerlina to Sulfuras and i trully don’t want it to die.

Can we restrict this guys forum posting for now? All he has been doing is causing more tension and fight. His takes are dog and he just seems like hes here to troll more so than be constructive.

Have you considered committing to making all server transfers free in the future, and refunding paid transfers for the past 6 months or so (the period when a large chunk of transfers to megaservers happened) or offering a few months of free game time as compensation? Thousands of people paid to transfer to these servers because their experience on smaller servers was not good. Now you want them to transfer off with no consideration for money they already spent, and the possibility of having to spend it again down the road if the lower pop server starts to decline.

2 Likes

Cannot transfer because the AH is closed to take down auctions but you’re closing transfers soon!? Please extend because you’re griefing plenty of players trying to make this hasty decision

How about free transfers off of PAGLE which is stupid overpopulated and unbalanced . let me take my toons to the low populaton server the i crated a new toon on and leveled. allow free transfer off pagle to Ashkandi.

What are you doing to ensure that this remains a balanced server? The entire reason that I joined Grobbulus was due to it being the only populated server with relative balance. Benediction and Faerlina are essentially PVE servers.

Can we get some sort of assurance that a faction will lock at 55% (example) until more of the opposite faction join?

I don’t want to be on a populated server that is dead on one side. I want world PvP.

I think that having assurance that the server will be properly managed will entice a large number of people to make the leap.

Without that I see no reason to do so seeing as we can plan around the queue.

Hes mentally ill. Hes got 50+ posts on everyone of these threads.

I would hope that once a large portion of people leave these servers they can lock the dominant faction and only allow the opposing faction to transfer in/be created.

Just to share my personal story a bit as everyone is trying to figure out what to do in very strange times.

My toons are on Whitemane in TBC, but the guild I was in has died out essentially. Whitemane is still a good server, but some of my old friends who I was planning to raid with are now on Grobb. I can’t go to Grobb, which is fine. But now they’re talking about moving to Eranikus. I can’t move my dudes there because I’m on Whitemane. They can’t join me on Whitemane because it’s also locked for transfers.

Please, for the love of everything, just make all server transfers free until WOTLK officially releases or something, so players in positions as mine have some freedom of choice in going to other servers to help alleviate these problems that you are asking us to help you alleviate.

We would be happy to all jump to a lower pop realm to play together, but we all have to pay for it, and that really feels terrible.

1 Like

@Moledude I hear you and it’s even worse for us Alliance stuck on Whitemane:
“Full” but Dead Servers: Whitemane, Pagle

We need to continue to press Blizzard for a solution!

1 Like

Btw to all the shills commending Blizzard on a job well done with Sulfuras and using as a “look its working” check the actual raid scene on the server. 0 6/6 alliance guilds 0 BT clearing guilds. literally no one has cleared anything meangful on the server and this includes pre patch where those zones were absolute jokes.

2 Likes

Similar boat honestly…

We have a couple guys who xferred when we settled on our server like 5 weeks ago to bene and they’re transfer locked EXCEPT maybe to the FCM (free char migration) servers. Thing is… We picked bene cause it was a stable alliance oriented pvp. The FCM Sulfuras was heavily horde and eranikus could slide wildly in either direction we just don’t know. The instability makes decision making impossible. We’d rather hold the fort on bene OR move to a server that’s stable and known. But the xfer locks prevent us from choosing to do that.

Basically we don’t want to be leveling / farming early and sucked into world pvp constantly detracting from the goal of doing content at max level.

1 Like

We have disabled new character creation and incoming paid transfers to the US and EU mega-realms, and they will remain locked indefinitely.

This is awful.

Blizzard needs to accept the people want to play on the servers they want to play and stop trying to move players where they think we should play. Can we please work on increasing the server capacity instead?

1 Like

I have been trying to transfer from Faerlina to Sulfuras all day, and Faerlina has either been down, or the AH has been down and I have active auctions, so I’m unable to transfer. As of 2:53 pm EDT the AH is still down and has been down since I was able to login to Faerlina. Hopefully the free transfers will be extended because of this AH issue. As far as I can see there are many people in the same boat as me currently.