Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

some crumbs of info on this post

So now Sulfuras is locked… So I have 2 70s on 2 locked servers… My options to get them all in one place for convenience is give blizzard $100 and goto a dead server, or a pve server from a pvp. Even the free transfer on Faerlina is locked :slight_smile: . Seems like we’re forced to go play PVE servers?

1 Like

after submitting a support ticket and waiting 7 days. … 7 DAYS , due to the problem that I was able to transfer one of my 4 characters from Grobbulus to sulfuras , where I was notified only 24 hours after the closure of these free transfers , I was DENIED transferring the other characters and NOW I have a presence in the two servers… if the goal is to free up Grobbulus space, you’re not really achieving it because I occupy both servers… crazy.
After having acquired 6 MONTHS of subscription recruited 2 friends and bought a DELUXE booster, I want to let you know my annoyance at the lousy service that is being offered to the subscriber, it makes me rethink purchasing any other service from your store in the future, I hope you know how to rectify leave free transfers for everyone who can compensate the community for this nightmare that has been transformed Wrath of the Lich King Classic

1 Like

When will players on Sulfuras have the ability to pay for a transfer to Eranikus? My family is split between locked servers. When will we be able to play the game together?

I wrote about the same concern. I can buy a lvl 70 boost for $49, but I cannot transfer my lvl 70 mage over onto the server… My main is a 70 priest on whitemane, which I play 99% of my time. Playing a different character over my priest doesn’t change the player count.

1 Like

Can you please allow people with characters already on a server to transfer the rest of their characters there? Its very annoying this is still a problem.

6 Likes

Can you please allow people with characters already on a server to transfer the rest of their characters there? Its very annoying this is still a problem.

They really need to do this.

2 Likes

Please allow creation of new characters on locked servers. I don’t care if you keep transfers locked but why can’t friends starting up join up with their guild on a locked server. WoTLK launch is in 10 days and people are scattered.

Our guild is on Sulfuras and we can’t get the rest of our players that haven’t played classic before there to get set up ahead of wrath??? Don’t completely ruin the WOTLK launch for everyone.

3 Likes

character migration from que doesnt work either

1 Like

Yeah i know, people reporting it isnt for either method.

Agreed, I want to main to bring my alt to the same server as my main and I can’t do it because Whitemane is locked. Makes no sense. I already play on Whitemane on my Main,

1 Like

Yea and he is wrong being the que character migration is not working either.

1 Like

Still no info on why paid transfers are disabled to Eranikus? Or I guess now the free transfers are broken too?

What’s most important if it can be answered is if paid transfers to Eranikus will open before WOTLK release? It’s not hard to find people with guildies stuck on servers that can’t transfer to one of the new servers for a variety of reasons, so it’d be great to let these guilds get back together again.

2 Likes

Throughout these past two weeks me and my friends are now split across 3 servers despite making efforts to stick together. Opening paid transfers from servers in conjunction with the free transfers from the big servers would make Eranikus appealing for everyone and a chance to get people playing with their friends again.
Please do not randomly close this server like Sulfuras was. Let us get a big community going again

2 Likes

Haven’t been able to play with my friends for almost a month now because the restrictions.

1 Like

You want to populate Eranikus, correct? So my RL friend decides he wants to transfer off of Grob and I’ll join him on Eranikus. But I can’t, because I can’t pay for a transfer off of Mankirk (to Eranikus), nor can I boost a new character there. Why is boosting and paid transfers to this server locked if building a population is what you’re looking for?

3 Likes

It’s not just about your friends, it’s also about preventing the problem again. Load balancing with the unpredictable behavior of people is a delicate act. You all move to Eranikus along with everyone else, you are going to end up in the exact same boat… long queues.

Also, launch is in a little over a week, and we don’t know what is in line for server launch. You don’t just make changes without looking at the long term…

Why wouldn’t you put this in an ingame message when transferring? I literally never read forums and now I am stuck on Sulfuras when my entire guild went to Eranikus because I transferred right before it locked.

I proceed to open a ticket and the response is essentially “we are too busy to help you at this time, good luck”

1 Like

Blizz. PLEASE open up Eranikus to new players and xfers from other servers, especially before launch.

At this point our plans will be starting on a server that is open for Wrath launch (since my friends are coming to classic for the first time) and I will move my toons off of Eranikus when I can. Please communicate, this is frustrating.

I really feel like this impacts Eranikus’s long term viability if they keep these barriers and restrictions up.

3 Likes