Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

This is such a huge slap in the face to everyone that rerolled onto Angerforge. We started this when they said no transfers for 90 days. If you were going to allow transfers, say so at the beginning.

Now all those that started at lvl 1 looking for the fresh experience on Angerforge are being flooded with 70s from skyfury.

10 Likes

Now since fresh realms are ruined. Allow boosts on them.

7 Likes

This. Just open up the boosts. It doesn’t even matter anymore. We didn’t even have a chance to get each class to 70 before they dumped Skyfury refugees all over us.

I don’t even know what to do. Quit? Pray for one last fresh? (Please Blizzard, give us ONE East Coast PVP FRESH) Or just suck it up and deal with the fallout of having to be Skyfury 2.0?

I have not sunk a ton of time but I feel especially bad for those in the 60-70 bracket who had pushed for the last 3 days just to have Skyfury trolls come in and laugh at their frustration in response to the bait and switch.

5 Likes

This pretty much summarizes the problem, imo.

I wanted to get in on Eranikus to play with old friends but I got a full refund instead and may or may not resub in future if my friends don’t quit in a month

1 Like

Still waiting for transfers off of Mankrik Alliance. There has to be something coming because it’s impossible to play the game.

1 Like

Stop :clap: making :clap: knee-jerk :clap: reactions :clap:… The server has been open for 2.5 weeks, so much for 90 days.

5 Likes

Please open up Eranikus for paid transfers from any server !

1 Like

Is pagle locked for new character creation? I.keep hearing it is, but this post only indicates blocked transfer.

So what you’re really saying is Angerforge is a glorified overflow server and not actually a fresh server. If people can transfer into it then it doesn’t meet the rules YOU (the dev team) set for what makes a fresh server.

I get Skyfury is probably over capacity, but at least impose a level cap on xfers or SOMETHING to prevent Angerforge from experiencing fresh for itself. (for the record, my home is Skyfury and that wont be changing)

2 Likes

Why does it matter? It took 2 weeks for people to get all that on skyfury, so what’s the big deal if it takes 2 weeks for people who started on angerforge? What makes you think that people on angerforge won’t be able to catch up?

Exactly. I don’t know what the big deal is why everyone is upset. Oh no, people have a 2 week headstart by no lifing on a fresh server, what ever will people on Angerforge do? Gee, I don’t know, maybe do the exact same thing that people on skyfury did? It doesn’t matter, wrath is out in 10 days anyway.

WHY BLIZZ? Angerforge is a fresh realm, why did you allow transfers to it when you promised no transfers for (at least) 90 days?? If this was what you were going to do in the first place, it should not have been “fresh.” Just a normal new realm. This really chaps my hide. Every time we trust you, you break it. Beyond stupid.

1 Like

The big deal is very simple.

Blizz opened the server stating no transfers. Lots of people made a conscious decision to leave behind hours and hours of work because they could no longer access their character due to queues.

So, they rolled on a fresh server and piled a bunch of hours into a new toon. Then find out they could have just brought the other one over. It’s a complete disrespect of time and expectations for players willing to take the dive to avoid queues.

Now the whiners win again.

4 Likes

So you would rather have people have to sit in a queue for hours (which will get worse on wrath launch)? If it’s such a big deal, transfer the character on their skyfury they spent time on over to angerforge. I almost never take the side of blizzard but this just makes me see that there’s no pleasing the forums whatsoever.

It took Skyfury players two weeks to accomplish what they did because they didn’t have level 70s flood the server after the first three days, and that’s only one of the reasons.

They also had the option to create a new character on Angerforge. The queues were already lowering.

I expect Blizzard to not have transfers when they (Blizzard) say no transfers for 90 days. This is how you base a decision on whether or not it is worth the effort to start over.

Stop pretending like people are mad for no reason. If you don’t understand the reason, go ahead and read it again. You’re just being thick is my guess.

The queues were already lowering.

For now they are, yes. How about Wrath launch? How long do you think they will be then? If you try to take Blizzard’s word nowadays you will be sorely disappointed, as many of you are right now.

You’re just being thick is my guess.

HandsUp

1 Like

Yes, absolutely. There were other servers that didn’t have queues and all other servers had transfers. Can’t we just have a server without transfers? I mean, c’mon!

Anyway, the queues on Skyfury were fine. And we all knew they were temporary!

Temporary for how long though? Wrath launch is less than 2 weeks away. It’s not like you can transfer from Benediction to fresh or fresh to Benediction, it’s a fresh server to a fresh server. I can somewhat understand why people are upset at this, but why does it matter to you guys if you don’t care about queues? Just stay on Skyfury then and have Angerforge merge back into Skyfury in like 4 months like everyone knows it would when they announced it coming out. It being another west coast server makes me think they planned it from the get go when they made Angerforge so it could merge back easier.