Transfer Aborted: Instance not found

That isn’t how you find the company responsible. Your connection looks something like this:

Your ISP → routing peer the ISP pays → possible secondary routing peer → Blizzard routing peer → game servers

You can skip over some of the hops owned by the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd parties listed above by using a VPN. Since other players in your area on the same ISP are confirming this method works, it confirms that the problem is FiOS or its peers.

Blizzard has no control over the FiOS network or peers. But you, as a paying customer of FiOS, have grounds to raise this concern with the ISP’s support team. They likely know about it already, but adding your complaint to the pile may expedite the fixes.

Until internet access across the globe is absolutely perfect (never going to happen), a problem like this will continue to pop up in-game and as a topic in the forum.

2 Likes

Just chiming in with the same problem. It started when I was doing the holiday dungeon last week, Would leave instance, but it would just put me back in Shadowfang Keep. Then trying to log into certain characters I would get a “world server down” message. This is still happening. In addition, after arriving at flight points I will stay mounted in the air for an extended period of time, then get a loading screen, then back at flight master with “instance not found” message.

As I stated I can play any other game other than wow completely fine it’s the routing to the blizzard servers as I said but you obviously just can’t comprehend English unlucky. Then you restate your first statement which further proves my point by agreeing with me that a VPN works to skip the bad nodes and connect into the game. I also then give u a solution to resolve instance aborts by adding a button to rejoin battle as long as the instance is open, then u finish it off with a solid, “need perfect internet to stop instance aborts”. No wonder this game is a joke look who they have working at blizzard LOL… As I said why am I paying 15$ a month for a game I need a VPN to play?

You need to dial it down.

You are both right. It is your routing to Blizzard’s servers that is the issue. However, Blizzard doesn’t control that, your ISP does. The VPN allowing for the connection proves that the issue is your regular ISP’s routing. Your issue is with your ISP. Address it appropriately.

Elocin doesn’t work for Blizzard. Blue type indicates a Blizzard employee. Green type indicates an MVP, one that Blizzard recognizes as helpful.

Why are you paying $15 a month for a game you need a VPN to play?
I don’t know, why are you paying $50+ a month for internet that doesn’t let you play a game?

4 Likes

We left tickets and tracking info, so id love to hear from a blue if they are able to address this at all… I already talked to verizon and they said based on the data its on blizzards side sooo. If i can get a blue response that it is verizon I can go back to them.

The bad nodes you skip are your ISP’s, not Blizzard’s. You don’t use the same route for every game you play, they aren’t hosted in the same state, city, building, etc. Please carefully review the breakdown I took the time to explain above.

2 Likes

? You literally don’t work at blizzard as someone stated above. Realistically you have no clue where or which the bad node is. It also appears someone contacted Verizon and said it is on Blizzards end lolzy…

It’s not a guess on my part, going off info provided by the staff:

Plus, as you said, using a VPN fixes the issue. This discussion continues to prove the problem is the ISP.

As for node tracking: Blizzard provides connection troubleshooting as a courtesy, but they only work with WinMTRs. Verizon FiOS blocks ICMP requests, so that test is useless for this situation. However, if anyone is still experiencing this issue they could use PingPlotter with UDP packets to try tracking down the specific node, then raise the concern with Verizon.

2 Likes

But here is the thing. I’ve called Verizon- and their answer is simple: The information coming into your house, and leaving your house is perfect. After that point it is not on us. So are they lying? Is it on them to also control the other nodes (hops)? If they are contracted by Verizon, then I understand the point of saying ‘it’s on them’. But I also will not ignore the fact that Blizzard and Verizon should handle this together as a customer / customer relationship and not have the end user chasing their tail and having to pay additional money to play (through a VPN which has worked for me as well).

Secondly as you can see above- we have gone ahead and posted the lookinglass data, and other information which did not get a response. So… there’s that?

Just to address this. Yes, they are being less than truthful. Their tests may show a strong signal to your home - in and out - but that is not all of the connection that they are responsible for. From hour home, the connection would typically go through several nodes owned by Verizon, and then to nodes partnered with by Verizon, then to backbone, then to Blizz’s partners then to Blizz.

Verizon is responsible for their nodes and their partners. The fact that the VPN solves the issue with your connection generally indicates that Blizz’s network and partners are functioning. Hence, there’s either a backbone issue, which would be all over the internet, or Verizon or it’s partners have issues.

Blizz would work and has worked with verizon in the past. I can’t say what is happening this time.

You have posted data, and that’s helpful. However, that doesn’t mean that the data is sufficient to identify a point of failure that can be addressed, or that the information has been passed to Verizon or the right partner, or that Verizon or the partner have decided that it is a priority to fix.

1 Like

Zungar- I agree with everything you said. I think my gripe at this time is - blizzard asked me to take necessary steps to help them identify the issue. I have done this. They have not responded. Know what I mean? That is lack of accountability on their end at this point. If the data is insufficient- please let me know. If I need to do more to help remedy the situation I will gladly do so as well.

I hear your frustration.

2 points -
You and 1 other person posted the requested information. 2 reports just may not be enough data to go forward with.

Secondly, the base understanding of the use of this forum is described in the blue posts -
Welcome to the Technical Support forum for World of Warcraft. This forum exists to provide World of Warcraft customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 7am-8pm Pacific, 7 days a week), it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, because of the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues.

If you wish to contact our Support team directly, you may do so here:
Contact Blizzard Support - You can keep track of all your communication with Customer Support through your Battle.net account.

If you want that feedback from Blizz, then file a ticket. It just isn’t guaranteed here, and that has to be a baseline understanding in setting expectations.

1 Like

Zungar- I will respectfully disagree with you here. I posted here, as well as opened a ticket. We had several communications through the ticket functionality, and they asked me to post the information (logs, glass, etc) here in the forum. I also included other logs for them directly in a ticket.

But thank you for ‘copying/pasting’ guidelines… come on man… you don’t need to ‘defend’ blizzard, especially when you don’t know ALL of the actions already taken.

I will await a response from blizzard if there may be one.

Take care.

I don’t know how I’d know them if you don’t share them.

I posted what I did precisely because I didn’t know what you have done and wanted to make sure you knew the route to go for what it sounded like you wanted.

I’m not defending blizzard here. I’m trying to get people with issues down the right path to issue resolution.

I hope your connection issue gets resolved.

2 Likes

They are lying if they state they are not responsible for those they peer with. When talking with them, ask for a level 2 or higher tech and explain the issue to them. The people you talk with on the phone or if they are level one, don’t really know all the workings of the system.

2 Likes

Yes, and yes. As described in the other replies, they are responsible for lots of hops before you connect to Blizzard. Baseline tech support generally has no idea about these workings, so you need to ask for someone in an elevated position.

Blizzard sometimes works with the ISPs when it’s a mass issue. We can’t see how many people submitted tickets, but only two people submitted info here as stated above. However, Blizzard doesn’t carry any responsibility for how you connect to the game. This is standard practice for all online gaming companies. That’s why they answer connection tickets and forum posts as a courtesy, hoping to point you in the right direction.

1 Like

Ill probably just keep playing wow tell i can no longer. Me and my dad uses the same internet connection, but only mine having the transfer abort issue. me nor him feel like calling spectrum to check out the problem and i aint gonna spend more money for vpn for it. so thanks anyways for the help…and when the time comes i wish yall game well. My time like Arthas, slowly flickering away

16 posts were split to a new topic: Transfer Aborted -Spectrum

Hey everyone,

Most of the reports from today were for Spectrum ISP. I have moved everyone to their own thread to report any issues. I will go ahead and lock this thread up. If you are having issues and are not on the Spectrum ISP please create your own thread for us and include a connection test as well.